Dinafrips Gaia or Hermes?

FT251

Jan 22, 2022
Dinafrips Hermes or Gaia?
I bought a Dinafrips Venus II in early December of 2020. Since that time I have become aware of the DDC option to clean up the digital signal even more form my CEC TL1 and My Cambridge CSX V2 streamer going to my DAC. MY question is when I contacted Alvin he suggested the Hermes and not the Gaia. I've read several reviews of folks with the Venus II and the Gaia and they are happy. I would think I could benefit from the OCXO clock in the Gaia more than the the lesser clock in the Hermes? Am I wrong in understanding how this works? I would use the I2s between the DDC and the Venus II. Any insight into this? The difference in price is $500 so if i really don't need to spend it I won't but I don't want to regret it either if I find the Gaia is better SQ. Thanks!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing