"Deer are property of the State."

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Is that like hunting deer on the King's land?

[video]http://www.wisn.com/news/Armed-agents-raid-animal-shelter-for-baby-deer/-/9373668/21273148/-/9uqdckz/-/index.html[/video]

Matt193

Mar 21, 2011
Wisconsin
That sounds about right for this state's DNR. They are just as screwed up as ever despite Governor Walker's pledge to fix things. :rolleyes:

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. Based on how I was raised, it doesn't compute. I guess some people are just evil.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Is that like hunting deer on the King's land?

[video]http://www.wisn.com/news/Armed-agents-raid-animal-shelter-for-baby-deer/-/9373668/21273148/-/9uqdckz/-/index.html[/video]

Been making the rounds. WTF?

It's like the story of those idiot animal controls people in Cleveland who EXECUTED a litter of kittens with their guns. They were reported and their supervisor said they were acting according to proper procedures. WTF is proper procedure then. Heartless, bureaucratic fucks.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
not too many 'deer' threads on WBF, but since there is one I figured this might be interesting.

this yearling was born last year to a doe who has lived on our property 'mostly' for 7 or 8 years. it's the second 'palomino' pattern fawn we've seen from this doe. we have 5 acres and it's fenced so the deer stay around since they feel safe. we never feed them or bother them. my wife does not like that they eat the plants but it's easier than owning a dog.

this fawn has a brother and they are typically 'hanging out' around my barn when I get home.

Palamino Deer.jpg

2013-05-26 11 30 25 (4).jpg

Matt193

Mar 21, 2011
Wisconsin
Very cool! Around here we call them piebald. I do see those as well as albino deer in my area but the piebalds are pretty rare since they can be hunted where the albino are protected.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing