dCS will debut a new, enhanced version of its limited-edition Vivaldi One system at Munich High End

dCS Audio

Apr 25, 2022

dCS-ring-DAC-thread1.gif

The Vivaldi One APEX

dCS will debut a new, enhanced version of its limited-edition Vivaldi One system at the 2022 Munich High End audio show. Limited to just 50 units, the Vivaldi One APEX combines all the features of the original Vivaldi One with dCS’s new Ring DAC APEX hardware…

The Vivaldi One was released in 2017 to mark dCS’s 30th anniversary. The all-in-one playback system brings together core technologies from dCS’s world-renowned Vivaldi product series— which comprises a DAC, Upsampler, CD/SACD Transport and Master Clock— in a single, exquisitely finished chassis.

Vivaldi-One-APEX-3.jpg

For our 30th anniversary, we wanted to celebrate our achievements and efforts in audio innovation," says dCS Managing Director David Steven. "We’d never released a celebration product before, but we felt that with the Vivaldi, we’d achieved our technical and design goals, and really pushed the state of the art, so we thought, ‘can we make a single box player that’s as good as the Vivaldi stack?’, and that’s what we set about doing.

Combining the Vivaldi’s core features and technologies in a single chassis was an enormous challenge. As dCS Technical Director Andy McHarg points out, “there were a number of fundamental challenges we had to overcome: compressing the contents of three fully featured products into one mechanical chassis, whilst maintaining exceptional performance and ease of use’”, and the company’s engineering team spent several months developing bespoke circuitry and technical solutions in order to achieve this.

Vivaldi-One-APEX-5.jpg

Vivaldi-One-APEX-4.jpg

The result is a powerful Network Music Player and CD/SACD Player that can support virtually any high-end hi-fi setup, and all forms of digital playback. The Vivaldi One received widespread acclaim upon its release, with Hi-Fi News praising its “immense rhythmic insight…panoramic soundstaging, vibrant tonality, [and] firecracker dynamics”. Just 250 units were produced — all of which quickly sold out—and dCS has since received numerous requests from music and audio enthusiasts hoping to purchase a Vivaldi One.

Vivaldi-One-APEX-Rear-3.jpg

Vivaldi-One-APEX-Rear-4.jpg

APEX​

Ring-DAC-APEX-4.jpg

Now, the company is releasing a new version of the system following the launch of its Ring DAC APEX hardware. Released in March this year, the Ring DAC APEX delivers a range of sonic and measured improvements and has allowed dCS to further enhance the musical performance of its Vivaldi and Rossini DACs, as well as the Rossini Player and Vivaldi One.

Ring-DAC-APEX-5.jpg

Inspired by the positive response to its latest upgrade, dCS decided to create a new, improved version of the much-loved Vivaldi One. The Vivaldi One APEX was announced on April 28, and is available to order now via approved dCS retailers. Just 50 units are available, and customers can opt for a black or anodised silver finish.

Minich-high-end.png

The system will debut at Munich High End audio show later this month, and dCS will be hosting demonstrations throughout the event. “We’re really excited to play the Vivaldi One APEX at Munich, and celebrate the beginning of our 35th year with all of our partners in audio,” says David Steven.

More information about the Vivaldi One APEX is available here: https://dcsaudio.com/edit/creating-the-vivaldi-one
You can read more about the Vivaldi One’s design and development here:
https://dcsaudio.com/edit/the-vivaldi-one-apex

Reactions: Lee

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
MSRP?

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Oh my. When does it end or, on the other hand maybe it is, in hi end parlance, a "bargain".

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Oh my. When does it end or, on the other hand maybe it is, in hi end parlance, a "bargain".

For me the dCS Vivaldi stack is looking like a bargain - after listening to it for a full week I am almost decided to sell my expensive vinyl gear ... ;) A pity that I have to return it to my distributor tomorrow, the listening time of the last two days was really great.

pk_LA

VIP/Donor
Oct 22, 2021
For me the dCS Vivaldi stack is looking like a bargain - after listening to it for a full week I am almost decided to sell my expensive vinyl gear ... ;) A pity that I have to return it to my distributor tomorrow, the listening time of the last two days was really great.
I have had the Vivaldi Apex stack in my system for a week. I received it having just been upgraded. At first I wasn't very impressed. But, a week later...wow! it's pretty nice.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Did you decide to keep it or the Horizon? Both?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing