Daft Punk and The Soundtrack To Tron-Legacy

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Just saw the film other night on satellite channel.
The soundtrack was good, but did it remind anyone else the best of John Carpenter; seemed to match his style very closely.
I was waiting for a horror twist as it was so close :)
Anyway interesting follow-up film, and music is good, even if it is not John Carpenter :)
Just like to say, I am a Daft Punk fan myself.

Cheers
Orb

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Dude I'd love to watch this with the X-2s and Gothams going full bore.

Big House and Trance addict here. Daft Punk never fails to please.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Just listened to it twice tonight (great music if wanting to chill without coming an ice cube to even more chilled music such as Ludovico Einaudi hehe) as have the house to myself.
Just realised that some of it definitely reminds me of the Bourne series of films and latest Batman series (only a few times in this though).

Will have to check out those OST now :)

BTW if anyone loves this music, good chance you will also like Ludovico Einaudi - In A Time Lapse (bewarned minimalist and very ambient chilled)
Cheers
Orb

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I have tried.

I can't listen to that kind of stuff.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Gary,
did you try that album of Ludovico Einaudi or an earlier one?
It is more "upbeat" than his other works :)
Smiling because if you have listened to that album you are probably thinking what the heck the others are like in terms of minimalist music.

Cheers
Orb

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I also have Daft Punk's "Homework," but I couldn't listen to that either.

I don't know how many times I have to attempt it before I become accustomed to it.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I have tried.

I can't listen to that kind of stuff.

Same here. I just cannot get into this "electronica" no matter how well recorded some of them may be.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
This is probably the best soundtrack I have heard in years and is not to be missed. It was leaked all over the internet but here is the entire soundtrack. This album is killer

Theme Song

Entire album link

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/daft-punk-s-tron-legacy-score-leaked-online-19901.html

Buy the 2 album set.

"house" genre at its best

Love the 2-album set and listen to it often! Almost prefer the shorter 2nd CD. Great call! Other soundtracks I listen to often, though different, are Hans Zimmer (both Sherlock Holmes, Dark Knight, Gladiator, Thin Red Line, Last Samurai) and the super-extended 9-CD Hobbit Series which plays over 9 hours of music...pretty much the entire actual soundtrack for each of the 3 Hobbit movies.

As for deep house music, if anyone is interested, happy to take things off-line to discuss. JackD201 is well versed here also.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Same here. I just cannot get into this "electronica" no matter how well recorded some of them may be.

Seeing as I know we share some lovin' for the Cranberries and Sarah M. I recommend some electronica re-immersion via Lamb, Imogen Heap and St. Etienne for starters Johnny :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing