Crazy Snow Storm around Seattle

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
_DSC2004st-2.jpg _DSC2015st-2.jpg _DSC2028-2.jpg

It had been crazy for last 10 days near Seattle, Washington State.

We had more than 15 inches of snow.

One of my friend moved from Colorado to escape from snow, but in vain.

With him, we also have lot of snow here.:p

Reactions: DaveC

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
This was out my back door during the first one last week. We've had 2 more since!! Crazy. The past record was back in '96

thumbnail.jpg

Reactions: DaveC and thomask

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Just perfect conditions for my snow+ice tires with studs ! Damn, I would not get out of the car!

And we had almost no snow this year :(

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
When I drove out last week, I saw many cars derailed.

We have 2 AWD vehicles that did perfectly in the snow. I think the deepest I went through was about 8-10", but it handled it like a champ!

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Driving on studs is a totally different experience. Everyone goes 15mph, and you just fly past doing 70mph, going sideways at the same time :)

During heavy snow falls, we go out at night with a bunch of guys all driving Evos/Scubbies with mechanical LSDs and studs, and make a mockery of the police cars ;) They do not try to follow you on regular winters ...

Reactions: Bruce B

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA

Reactions: DaveC

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
The funniest thing is that the yellow and purple flowers we had after Christmas are under the snow now.

Snow is good, snow is peace. It's very very quiet, the type of sound I like, best for everything...including sweet music. ...Small birds wondering, ducks flying, eagles flapping wings, creeks running, squirrels asking questions, dogs playing, kids having fun.

Reactions: thomask

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
The funniest thing is that the yellow and purple flowers we had after Christmas are under the snow now.

Snow is good, snow is peace. It's very very quiet, the type of sound I like, best for everything...including sweet music. ...Small birds wondering, ducks flying, eagles flapping wings, creeks running, squirrels asking questions, dogs playing, kids having fun.

It may look peaceful.

But with snow covering ground, most bird or animal have difficulty in finding food.

For survival, squirrels may approach people to beg for food.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Under the thick blanket of the forest's canopy the ground is open in some patches.

Yeah I'd say we had approximately 60 cm total in the last few days since it first started.
Normally we would lose power...anytime now ...

Last edited:

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
Under the thick blanket of the forest the ground is open in some patches.

Yeah I'd say we had approximately 60 cm total in the last few days since it first started.
Normally we would lose power...anytime now ...
I also worry about power outage during winter storm.

Although I have a small generator, it is a lot of work to connect it to refrigerator or heater.

It was fortunate not to have power outage during this snow storm.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing