Chromecast Audio $35

Jan 2, 2013
Talk about frugal, I've recently bought the Chromecast Audio gizmo and hooked it into powered speakers. It was simple to setup: I downloaded the Chromecast app to my android phone, then downloaded "cast-able" apps like Spotify and Tune-in and viola. Sounds pretty good. Rumor has it Tidal support is coming and it will be a RoonReady endpoint in the future. To upgrade the sound you can add an external DAC (toslink).

Apr 3, 2010
Seattle, WA
Talk about frugal, I've recently bought the Chromecast Audio gizmo and hooked it into powered speakers. It was simple to setup: I downloaded the Chromecast app to my android phone, then downloaded "cast-able" apps like Spotify and Tune-in and viola. Sounds pretty good. Rumor has it Tidal support is coming and it will be a RoonReady endpoint in the future. To upgrade the sound you can add an external DAC (toslink).
Cool. I did not know it had optical out. I may get one to play with.

About us

• Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing