CES 2016: Mofi, Balanced Audio, Quad, Solid Steel, TAD, Wharfedale

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Didn't know Mobile Fidelity was in hardware distribution business. Shows you how much I get out!!!

The system that was playing was the TAD from CD source. Sounded pleasant.

One issue though: they had the speakers way too wide apart so sounded pretty disjointed:

The Quad was static display:

Just what Mofi fans want for Christmas:

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
shame about the poor speaker set up, its a nice room no excusse for that. a little more toe in might of helped if they had to be so far apart. the TAD cdp is very nice. i had the ce-1 in my house for a bit, not the most exciting for me.

the TAD E-1 would of rocked that room.

seems to be a common trend bad set ups and wrong kit for the rooms lol. i guess they are fishing for big wallets and egos not imformed listeners.

doing a great job amir, thank you:)

The CE-1 is their newest product so they are pushing it. I really don't get it, the E1 isn't much more $ than the CE1...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing