Center Stage2 "LS" Series Loudspeaker Feet

marcbrown

Apr 17, 2018
Another review that is just breaking is the Soulution 760 DAC in TAS by Jon Valin. Jon is a tough critic so if he doesn't like something........ouch. I have the whip marks to prove it. :)

Seriously, Cyrill has been making outstanding equipment for years. He asked us to make feet for his equipment years ago, as a result CS2 exists primarily due to him. Thank you for the leap of faith, Cyrill.
Hey Joe, from your perspective, if either set-up is doable, would one be better off using or not using the hardware to connect speakers to the 1.0 footers? I am planning for the installation of the 1.0s with my Wilson Sophia 3s on carpet, thanks marc brown

joelavrencik

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2016
Chicago
www.criticalmasssystems.com
Hey Joe, from your perspective, if either set-up is doable, would one be better off using or not using the hardware to connect speakers to the 1.0 footers? I am planning for the installation of the 1.0s with my Wilson Sophia 3s on carpet, thanks marc brown
Hi marcbrown

My best recommendation is to forego adapters for now. Placing the LS 1.0s under your Sophia 3s is all that is required to enjoy their effect.

The reason I say this at this point is, we are developing a special custom made "cradle" supported by LS feet that loudspeakers can be placed into. But, custom made is really a misnomer. Something is only "custom" the first time you do it. Since we anticipate making many "cradles" for many different loudspeakers in the future, our 2-fold emphasis right now is to make the entire device as low-cost and performance enhancing as possible. Your feet will be able to screw into the cradle when we have it ready. All LS feet are pre-tapped to screw into "something", you just don't see it.

Do we know a "cradle" will be performance effective? The answer is, yes, based on the excellent results we are seeing with LS feet under Magico M Series loudspeakers. Essentially the M Series tripod is a "cradle". Our objective is to do it better and we have a design in process. Like the LS feet, we need to perfect it before we release it.

So, if you want to convert to another configuration in the future, you will be able to do so. Having said this, I am not ignoring the piece of your question that asks, can I do this now. What I know for sure is that you get the most benefit from the feet when the feet are in direct contact with the bottom of the loudspeaker or in direct contact with the configuration of its unique support base. My concern is the hole in the bottom of your loudspeakers, exposed when you unscrew your diodes. There are 8 gaskets on top of each LS foot and I'd prefer that all 8 touch the bottom of your 3s. I'm being anal.

I hope this seems a reasonable answer to your question. You have great loudspeakers; a substantial and worthy investment in high end audio. I want you to get the most out of your investment in CMS.....

All the Best

Joe

joelavrencik

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2016
Chicago
www.criticalmasssystems.com
I failed to mention that the LS 1.0 is 2 3/8" in diameter. This means that the center of each diode hole would need to be 1 3/16" from the edge of the loudspeaker to achieve complete coverage. I admit that my answer assumed the center of at least 1 diode hole was closer to the edges based on Steve's experience. I could be wrong in the case of the Sophia 3s. Am I wrong? Please advise.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing