Center Stage 2

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
If not, placing the four 1.5’s as you said will be fine. I didn’t realize the weight of your amp so yes 1.5 is a good choice
Will the rubber feet reduce the energy transfer? I think i have read somewhere Joe said that CS2 works even through a layer.

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
I have CM 1.0's under my Lumin X1 and my Carver M350 tube mono blocks. I was thinking of getting a set to go under my Audioquest Niagara 7000 (90lb.)but I haven't seen any comments about placing the CM footers under power conditioners. Would the Niagara benefit?

ozzy

joelavrencik

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2016
Chicago
www.criticalmasssystems.com
I have CM 1.0's under my Lumin X1 and my Carver M350 tube mono blocks. I was thinking of getting a set to go under my Audioquest Niagara 7000 (90lb.)but I haven't seen any comments about placing the CM footers under power conditioners. Would the Niagara benefit?

ozzy
Hi ozzy

I would say, yes. The reason I say this is the Niagara feeds power to many components in the system. Cleaning up the electrical signal makes a big difference (that's why we have power conditioners). So, I think you would feel good about your decision.

joelavrencik

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2016
Chicago
www.criticalmasssystems.com
Will the rubber feet reduce the energy transfer? I think i have read somewhere Joe said that CS2 works even through a layer.
Hi Hiekum

I just now saw this exchange. I wish I would have seen it sooner. I don't know how everything sorted out, but you have a good question. FWIW, the distance between the CS2 1.5s under the amp should not make a difference. The physics remains the same.

Placing the 1.5s under the feet would definitely negate their effectiveness. Please never do this.

If you decided to go with the 1.0, these would be fine as well so long as they are touching the bottom of the amplifier directly. Please avoid screw heads.

I hope this helps.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

ozzy
I have a client that has Center Stage under his Niagara

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Thanks for the help and comments. I went ahead an ordered a set of the 1.0's for my Audioquest Niagara 7000. So we shall see...or hear...

ozzy

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Well I just received and immediately installed the Critical Mass Footers 2 1.0 version underneath the Niagara 7000. And though I know it will take much time to break in (or adjust), at this moment, I am clearly hearing better separation of the instruments within the soundstage.

So, though I am expecting things to improve further in the next few weeks with additional settling time, I can honestly conclude that the Audioquest Niagara 7000 does improve considerably with using the Critical Mass footers.

ozzy

dts-99

Nov 15, 2018
I not only using CS2 1.0 under my Core Power 1800 with excellent result. I also use them under my Entreq ground boxes with excellent result as well. Those Entreq ground boxes are passive in nature and all they do are to absorb dirty ground as much and as quick as possible from connected components. May be the mineral mixture are dancing around inside after being feed with all those ground and need CMS to keep them behave.

Never have enough money to buy CMS footers for EVERY single box among the 2-ch system. Now come the LS....

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I not only using CS2 1.0 under my Core Power 1800 with excellent result. I also use them under my Entreq ground boxes with excellent result as well. Those Entreq ground boxes are passive in nature and all they do are to absorb dirty ground as much and as quick as possible from connected components. May be the mineral mixture are dancing around inside after being feed with all those ground and need CMS to keep them behave.

Never have enough money to buy CMS footers for EVERY single box among the 2-ch system. Now come the LS....
CS footers under power conditioners and grounding devises? Amazing!

I have to ask, will putting CS footers under a bottle of 12 year old Balvenie make it taste like 21 year old?

Reactions: Bobvin and bazelio

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
@joelavrencik , me and few friends are interested in CS2 footers. However currently there is no dealer in Singapore.

May I get your suggestion how to get the footers?

micro13

Jun 15, 2020
I'm not sure anymore but I think I read somewhere that it's recommended to place the CS2 footers rather on a wooden and not on a metal surface. I'm very interested in trying the CS2 in my system, but it's just that currently I'm using a Symposium Isis rack plus Ultra platforms and there is always a metal surface.
The big question is if the CS2 footers are compatible with the Symposium rack and platforms? Maybe the additional Ultra platforms wouldn't be needed anymore with the CS2.
And if it makes a difference if I put a wooden platform between CS2 and metal rack?

Thanks, Michael

Solecky

Nov 30, 2020
I'm not sure anymore but I think I read somewhere that it's recommended to place the CS2 footers rather on a wooden and not on a metal surface. I'm very interested in trying the CS2 in my system, but it's just that currently I'm using a Symposium Isis rack plus Ultra platforms and there is always a metal surface.
The big question is if the CS2 footers are compatible with the Symposium rack and platforms? Maybe the additional Ultra platforms wouldn't be needed anymore with the CS2.
And if it makes a difference if I put a wooden platform between CS2 and metal rack?

Thanks, Michael
I recently ran a test and just removed my CS2s from resting on my symposium iso platform to now resting on the rack wood shelf, I much prefer sound without the symposium which surprised me. The electronic piece the test was performed on was a CD player.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I recently ran a test and just removed my CS2s from resting on my symposium iso platform to now resting on the rack wood shelf, I much prefer sound without the symposium which surprised me. The electronic piece the test was performed on was a CD player.
Joe recommends that all tweaks be removed wren you use his feet so I understand your findings

micro13

Jun 15, 2020
Many thanks for your test and your reply, that's what I thought.
I've got a set of CS2 1.0 for testing purposes recently. Unfortunately the dealer couldn't tell me if my Symposium rack and platform could be a problem. I put the CS2 feet on my Quantum platform in exchange of my Rollerblocks, because I wanted a direct comparison against the Rollerblocks.
Immediately after the insertion it was really a revelation with a deep and wonderful natural soundstage with superb layering.
But as you know the slow settling kicked in and I waited 10 days to give them a serious listening. Interestingly the extreme deep soundstage and layering from the first try was gone, it then was similar to the Rollerblocks. Still it was quite good, but a little bit soft and not what I've expected. I had to return them after 14 days, therefore I couldn't do more tests.
Please don't get me wrong, I'm still very interested in the CS2 feet. I'm looking forward to do a second test run if it's ok with my dealer. My own subjective experience just proves Joe's recommendation to remove everything else.

micro13

Jun 15, 2020
Joe recommends that all tweaks be removed wren you use his feet so I understand your findings
Thanks, Steve, about the clarification of Joe's recommendation. That explains my misleading experience.
I'm sure I came across Joe's comment before, but I didn't find it anymore.
For my hopefully forthcoming second test does that mean I have to remove even the Symposium ISIS rack with its Rollerblock Module in the pillars and its Ultra shelves?
I could try with my mono amps which sit on Symposium amp stands. Would it be ok if I put the CS2 feet directly on the suspended wooden floor and put the amps on them?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing