Cali Kitties - Fosters October 2019

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
About 16 weeks, they are very friendly - curling around ankles - but not properly socialized since they were in a shelter - teaching them their manners, how to tolerate being picked up and held. They aren't spayed or neutered yet, and the local clinic is backed up, so I may have them for a few weeks.

Maisy
Maisy.jpg

Blue
Blue.jpg

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
About 16 weeks, they are very friendly - curling around ankles - but not properly socialized since they were in a shelter - teaching them their manners, how to tolerate being picked up and held. They aren't spayed or neutered yet, and the local clinic is backed up, so I may have them for a few weeks.

Maisy
View attachment 57383

Blue
View attachment 57384

This one looks shocked and surprised as if she cannot believe what these audiophiles spend their money on

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Carol, you have a huge and stong heart... I'd take 'em all in but could never let 'em go. Kittens are hard not to love.

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
I'm glad to read they are adjusting. So cute in the photos!

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks for all your comments. They are adjusting well. They napped well with me in the afternoon, but at night, all bets are off, so they are still banned from the bedroom at night.

My other cat Baer is also a rescue. He is a pure-bred Himalayan that was used for stud and given up for "aggression issues." Here he is being the perfect foster Uncle to the kittens. They come up to him to be washed.

Blue_n_Baer.jpg

Maisy_n_Baer.jpg

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Carol, you have a huge and strong heart... I'd take 'em all in but could never let 'em go. Kittens are hard not to love.

I psyched myself right from the beginning. My goal and the work I do with them is to get them friendly, sociable and adopted into good homes. Also... I don't "give them up" or "let them go" ; I "trade them in" :D :D :D

Reactions: Bobvin

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Still waiting for their spay & neuter appointment. The influx of unfixed California kittens have overwhelmed our resources up here in Seattle. We finally received a confirmed appointment - Nov 11. Los Angeles County is currently reviewing their TNR rules - I hope it goes through and they are allowed to put some public money towards population control of stray & feral cats.

The_Pair.jpg

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Update: Blue has given up his family jewels and is up for adoption. Maisie got bumped when the clinic had too many feral cats. The ferals have priority as they are only held by the trappers for a few days before being returned to their colony. So I have Maisie over Thanksgiving.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing