Bookshelf recommandation (audioengine a5+)

Bobbyy

Oct 8, 2021
Hey guys...

First of all sorry i can’t speak english very well but i guess you guys can understand me.

so i'm just like to listen and enjoy music but i really love to listen to a high quality audio like high-end audio with great detail sound - clear sound - good sound stage - wide sound - good sharpness - depth sound - accurate bass - accurate mid and treble - good imaging .... and all other things that improve the music quality in all way to enjoy the music to listen, and i rather a warm sound and i like warm sound.

i mostly listen to all genre of rock and electronic music... sometimes i listen to psy-trance and dark psy music too, or psybient and bands like radiohead - tool - pink floyd - shpongle - porcupine tree and others like theese and sometimes classical music too.

now i have easy access to a used audioengine a5+ babmoo (wired) with very good price and i can buy it with ifi zen blue to listen to music with bluetooth sometimes.

now i need to know does audioengine a5+ bamboo satisfy me according to the genre and style music that I listen to and a kind of sound that i like or i should buy a different speaker or bookshelf under $500 that works better for me.

does audioengine 5+ bamboo has the power to satisfy me with electronic and psy trance music or i need to buy a subwoofer or a good amp-dac for it cuz i need a accurate and a little heavy bass cuz i like electronic music and warm sound or is it better to totally buy a different speaker or bookshelf?

the thing about this audioengine a5+ is its very available for me with a very very good price.

by the way this is my first good speakers that i want to buy, before this i had a jbl xtreme!!!

whats your advise guys? go with this audioengine a5+ bamboo or totally buy a different speaker or bookshelf under $500 or even cheaper?!

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
does audioengine 5+ bamboo has the power to satisfy me with electronic and psy trance music or i need to buy a subwoofer or a good amp-dac for it cuz i need a accurate and a little heavy bass cuz i like electronic music and warm sound or is it better to totally buy a different speaker or bookshelf?

Looks like you're not getting much response, so I'll try...

I don't know if any of us can gauge if a speaker will satisfy someone else - at least not without knowing the person very well and listening to music with them.

I have little familiarity with the seemingly endless varieties and permutations of psy-trance but understand one differentiation is beats-per-minute. To me its all layered electronic music.

Given that ....

I have the audioengine 5 bookshelf speakers as my computer speakers in a ~six foot spread on either side of my two monitors. I listened to cuts from Trentemöller's The Last Resort through them - that is layered electronic music but without a regualr high beat count. Then I listened to the same album through the stereo that came with my car, which is from Bose - its like 6 speakers with a sub woofer, or something like that. The audioengine 5 did not have the power or capacity to render deep synth bass or low bass tonal differences as well as the car stereo. Much of the very bottom octaves were cut off in the audioengine 5. I did listen to the psy-trance samples on Wikipedia. The audioengine sound is on the warm side and okay in the mid-range.

Still you might be satisfied for the <$500 price range. Depends on what you're comparing them to. Good luck.

Psy-trance might be good background music to keep you caffeinated while writing code . So is Bach.

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing