WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I saw something like this on Blacklist.

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
I saw something like this on Blacklist.

Last year I visited the UK America's Cup team HQ in Portsmouth and was invited to try on the headset that crew members use on their crazy racing boats. These include a bone phone system. It was quite uncanny that a conversation with another crew member can be very clearly heard despite the ambient howling wind and sea-smashing noise from all around.

The technology is obviously ideal in an imensly noisy situation when speach can be clearly heard, but the sound quality would be rubbish for music in a quiet room. Stick to conventional headphones!

Peter

Reactions: Gregadd

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
They have had a basic version called the Jawbone for many years which is using bone conduction and blue tooth. It works well...I tried it standing on the sidewalk and specifically spoke while a bus was driving past at 20 mph...and no one on the call could hear the bus rumble by. The Jawbone ran out of juice very quickly, and I still dont like putting objects that radiate anything next to my head for hours anyway...so went back to old fashioned earpiece with cord...plus it was faster to answer than trying to fish around in your pocket for the earpiece.

But for those who need it/want it, the Jawbone (now quite old tech...downscaled from military), was quite good. I imagine there are even better versions of it out there today.

nirvanana

Mar 12, 2021
Their main function is not to let you enjoy music elegantly in a quiet room, they are born for sports. With the support of IPX8 waterproof technology, you could enjoy the peace and harmony brought by music while diving or swimming.

Cobain

Migo

Aug 10, 2013
Ive tried a pair some years ago. They do work but for fidelity I think they have long way to go still.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing