Bocchino US Mains Socket

Apr 15, 2015
Australia
As I mentioned somewhere else, I was planning to see Carmine Bocchino - well since I’m on two weeks break, I thought this would be good to see him on Macleay Island which is about an hour’s drive from Brisbane/Australia. It was a lovely sunny day and with a nice cool breeze and a nice car then ferry ride. Anyway, Carmine picked me up from the Ferry terminal on Macleay.

I had a listen to his home-made speakers (very nice) then of course saw all his connectors/Main plugs/Main sockets and IEC connectors. Since this forum already has pictures of most of his items except the new Main socket - I though I share with you the pictures I took. I also took a picture of the US main plug, but he dismantled it to show me how to connect the cables – so the picture is of the dismantled item so it looks small because it’s just a small part of the whole assembly, when in reality it is similar in size to the ICE connector once fully assembled.

The Mains socket is very substantial and well over engineered/ specified. I think he said it can easily handle 100 amps. Now if I recall correctly, he said that it made from Teflon with glass (or was it glass fibre) reinforcement – it weights a fair bit.

Attachments

Apr 15, 2015
Australia
Msrp?

How do the wires connect?
Please don't quote me (as I may not be 100% correct) - but if recall correctly he said the socket is between US$400 - US$500. I think you can only buy from OEMs - so to ensure that it is installed correctly by a qualified electrician.

The wires connect from holes on the short side of the body (sorry I did not take a picture of that). Then you tighten the screws on the back as seen in the picture.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 26, 2015
Eastern WA
In the US you don’t need an electrician to install. In fact many would refuse since it isn’t a normal product.

It’s very easy to do, but don’t do it unless you’re very sure you understand what you’re doing. People do make mistakes like nicking the wire.

Thanks for pics and possible msrp.

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert
May 22, 2015
Thanks for sharing Jambo and I’m glad you made the visit after our earlier chat. Those are ‘my’ iecs in the photo and hopefully Carmine has now shipped them!

Apr 15, 2015
Australia
Thanks for sharing Jambo and I’m glad you made the visit after our earlier chat. Those are ‘my’ iecs in the photo and hopefully Carmine has now shipped them!
Lol, Yes, they are ‘yours’ he actually said so when I asked him to look at all his different connectors, said these are destined for Mark !

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Great to see, and hear about your visit to Carmine Jambo.. His parts may well 'appear' over engineered, but when you hear what they do you realise their true worth, which is significant in my experience..

Are you planning on using his mains socket?

Rgds,
Paul.

Apr 15, 2015
Australia
Great to see, and hear about your visit to Carmine Jambo.. His parts may well 'appear' over engineered, but when you hear what they do you realise their true worth, which is significant in my experience..

Are you planning on using his mains socket?

Rgds,
Paul.
I meant the over engineered part as a great compliment - it is truly impressive, and I can only imagine the sound quality ! He had his rca and various connectors in his system and his system sounded lovely !

My trip was also for selfish reasons, one I wanted to see the US socket in the flesh but mostly to try and twist his arm to make us Australian audiophiles an equivalent Australian mains socket (because we don’t even have furtech ones). Alas he said he can’t modify the US socket as the pins are are angled on Aussie mains socket, so his design only works on parallel pins such as US mains socket.

So US audiophiles are very lucky to have such a fab mains socket - I can only dream for a local version.

P.s it’s against the law here to use Non-Australia mains sockets.

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
I meant the over engineered part as a great compliment -
Sure, I read that as a positive knowing how his products sound.. Shame you can't use the US outlet there..

Rgds,
Paul.

Joe Cohen

Jun 10, 2012
PranaWire Sukhavati Power Cable with Bocchino plugs. PranaWire power conditioner under construction now with Bocchino elektra outlets. SukhaPower2.jpg SukhaPower.jpg SukhaPower2.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing