Bocchino sablon in da house!

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Hello All,

Just dropping some pics of my new Bocchino terminated Sablon Audio cables before I install the four. I opted for the 'half way house' approach, ie. Bocchino IEC only whilst keeping the Oyaide P-004 plugs. This way I can at least afford some of the Bocchino flavour without going full King Sablon PC. In fact, anyone not using US plugs have this option to upgrade their cables this way. Did I say they were big? Well the Bocchino PLUG is twice the size of the IEC! DSC07692.jpg

I have also added a King Sablon XLR IC to the mix and the XLRs are solid, beautifully made and by all accounts sound wonderful. DSC07688.jpg

I'll let you know how I get on with them in a few weeks after burn in, which is said not to be as long as NCF plug burn in.

Blue58

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Hi Blue58, congrats on your new acquisition. Keen to know what you see as the key difference between the Oyaide and the Bocch connectors. I am agonizing to choose between the two. At the moment I am most likely to go with the Oyaide XLRs.

Thanks

Sujay

Jun 18, 2011
Hong Kong
Hello Blue58,

These King Sablon cables with Bocchino plugs look awesome! ;)

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Hello Blue58,

These King Sablon cables with Bocchino plugs look awesome! ;)
And just wait until you see the full King Sablon power cord, it’s a monster!

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Hi Sujay, nothing wrong with the Oyaide, they are very well made and a delight to use.
I won’t be able to separate the sound of the Bocchino over Oyaide due to adding the PCs but last night everything sounded bigger in scale, extension and dynamics. The Duos have morphed into Trios:)

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Thanks, Blue58. That is saying a lot. So the biggest step up seems to be scale right? I am in a quandary as to whether to go straight for the boccino or start with the Oyaide. Let’s see.
Cheers

Sujay

Jul 24, 2017
I was lucky enough to have a prototype of this a while back. Was a stunning upgrade to my Lampi GG2.

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Weird thing happening or not happening with these Bocchino plugs and that’s break in. I haven’t detected any change at all from day one unlike other manufacturers that exhibit sometimes erratic behaviour. I’m at a loss to explain it though never could explain break in either :confused:

If you have Sablon Audio cables I’d urge you to try at least one of these Bocchino IEC plugs to update your most important PC eg. On the source or DAC or try a King Sablon PC, alternatively, if you have a power conditioner for your system, start there.

So far I’m very impressed with the upgrade.

Blue58

Ps. So impressed I just asked Mark to make me a XLR to RCA cable using Bocchino silver plugs to complete the loom. No Xmas presents for anyone this year, I’m skint.:eek:

Last edited:

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
UK
Also heard the King Sablon and thought it sufficiently improved upon the Elite (which itself bettered the Siltech Royal Double and Tara Cobalt) by a significant margin. It wasn’t the audiophile affair of adjectives but simply a significantly better cable all round and I missed its departure. That thing has some serious guage just in case you need to power a substation lol.

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert
May 22, 2015
Demo cords are now available in HK / Singapore / USA with USA plugs and also Schuko & UK plugs in Europe - interested parties can Pm / email to arrange an audition.

Last edited:

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Ok so I am testing the KS as we speak. Incredible sound - quieter, substantially quieter and therefore better dynamics, contrast, detailand air......yes lots more air. This is in comparison to the elites, which by the way are superb in their own right and give up a bit only in direct comparison to the KS.

But the revelation was when I swapped my interconnects for the Sablon. That made a huge difference, even bigger than the difference when I swapped the power cord. And the interconnects are the normal ones with Oyaide connectors so I guess the bocch will bring even more to the party.
In short, couldn’t be happier!

Cheers

Sujay

About us

• Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing