Black mirror

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Black mirror is excellent. Saw all five seasons. Each episode is independent.

The first episode actually was released just before the David Cameron pig scandal, and is hilarious with that background.

Season 3, episode titled Hate of the Nation, is a modern take on Hitchcock's birds, with social media evils and a murder mystery thrown in.

Season 4, USS Callister is a fun take on Star Trek

Reactions: morricab

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I liked the one with the mechanical bees. It was a classic.

The episode on social media scores with Bryce Howard was also good. It seemed a little boring at first, and Bryce seemed a little cream puff in the role, but by the end of segment she showed some real chops as an actress, she wasn't afraid to put it out there.

The episode where Miley Cyrus more or less plays herself with the robot doll merchandising toy and the evil stage aunt was quite good.

Reactions: bonzo75

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012

The episode on social media scores with Bryce Howard was also good. It seemed a little boring at first, and Bryce seemed a little cream puff in the role, but by the end of segment she showed some real chops as an actress, she wasn't afraid to put it out there.

The episode where Miley Cyrus more or less plays herself with the robot doll merchandising toy and the evil stage aunt was quite good.
The fact that China has put in a system similar to the social system in Howard's episode shows how prescience this show is.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Yeah the mechanical bees one is the one I referred to, Hate of the Nation

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
The first episode is now 8.5 years old!

Seems doubt about whether season 6 will ever happen.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Inside no. 9 is another series that has independent episodes and is creative, but additionally has humor built in. Not relevant to current future trends though

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Was the first one about rating people in society? If so I liked that then stopped.

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
Was the first one about rating people in society? If so I liked that then stopped.
That was season 3 episode 1. The first one was about the Princess being kidnapped, and.....

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I won't pretend to care anymore than I liked that one episode.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing