Big trial Gobel Lacorde Statement

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear Elliot,you have right!

I am listening my system now without interconnect and speaker cable because i gave to my friend to try,i have only power cable

I lost naturalness,magic,scene,depht and sound come back a little on the speaker

Now is a good reproduction of sound,before seems to have orchestra and singer in front of me

I am waiting report from my friend that has Bergmann/Atlas,CH and Wilson Alexandria

Reactions: Elliot G.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
The friend I met at MOC ? I am sure he will enjoy them as well. Its always hard when you remove something that is great and have to settle for what you had before. lol

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Yes,is my friend you met in Munich.
He called me 5 minutes ago and was shocked,also his system now is much more natural,ecc,ecc

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Yes,is my friend you met in Munich.
He called me 5 minutes ago and was shocked,also his system now is much more natural,ecc,ecc
Marco correct? Oliver's cables are really terrific both in sound and quality of construction. He is really a perfectionist and his products exemplify that passion. Enjoy!!

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Yesterday other trial with other friend that has pre and mono amp Riviera with Wilson X1
Also year same story,sound much more natural,bass deep but not heavy,more details,scena and depht incredible.
He will buy all the line
He tried many top cables but no one decide to buy because expensive and some not perfect
With this found all perfect in his system

We tried with different speaker system and opposite speaker like Wilson Alexandria and X1,little heavy on mid bass and bass,Montagna little light and Martin Logan ESL 15A

All speaker became perfect in bass and mid bass ,very dense and organic,deep and fast but controlled perfectly

Saturday Oliver will pickup all the cables and i am curious to listen my system without his interconnect and speaker cable and the 8 power cord he gave to me

Reactions: bonzo75

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Saturday Oliver will pickup all the cables and i am curious to listen my system without his interconnect and speaker cable and the 8 power cord he gave to me

Gian. I think you should lock your home and immediately take your wife fly to China and tell him you won't be back til Christmas.

Tang :)

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Hey Oliver's a great guy you cant do that to him LOL

Reactions: gian60

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
look what the cat dragged in......

for a few years now i've been waiting to settle on a digital interface i felt was going to be long term, at which point i would find a big boy cable solution. i found my digital interface, SGM Extreme server into the MSB Pro USB, and so i acquired (on loan pending) a top flight USB to see if that could take things further.

would the USB cable still matter?

it seems it certainly does matter. even stone cold we have taken a clear step forward. :):):)

Gobel-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Elliot G. and GMKF

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Since yesterday i have been demoing a pair of Gobel Lacorde Statement Speaker Cables. The difference is exactly as Gian has described. Everything is more natural, a little more warm, which is the sound i was looking for. It really was a dramatic change, which i am normally hesitant to attribute to cables alone. Yes it is all about system synergy but in this case i certainly hope to be able to hang onto this for a long time.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
look what the cat dragged in......

for a few years now i've been waiting to settle on a digital interface i felt was going to be long term, at which point i would find a big boy cable solution. i found my digital interface, SGM Extreme server into the MSB Pro USB, and so i acquired (on loan pending) a top flight USB to see if that could take things further.

would the USB cable still matter?

it seems it certainly does matter. even stone cold we have taken a clear step forward. :):):)

View attachment 54416

What were you using before Mike?

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
What were you using before Mike?

Howie, i was using the Curious Cable USB.

https://curiouscables.com/

the Phasure Lush

https://stordiau.com/products/lush-usb-audio-cable-70cm

and the Lightspeed.

http://lightharmonic.com/lightspeed-10g-usb-cables/

i could never get the Lush to work in my system (some cables are designed slightly off-spec). i compared the Lightspeed and Curious and i marginally preferred the slightly more full bodied Curious. over the last 18 months the Curious USB has been used in my system.

all three are now for sale cheap. PM me if anyone has an interest.

Last edited:

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Howie, i was using the Curious Cable USB.

https://curiouscables.com/

the Phasure Lush

https://stordiau.com/products/lush-usb-audio-cable-70cm

and the Lightspeed.

http://lightharmonic.com/lightspeed-10g-usb-cables/

i could never get the Lush to work in my system (some cables are designed slightly off-spec). i compared the Lightspeed and Curious and i marginally preferred the slightly more full bodied Curious. over the last 18 months the Curious USB has been used in my system.

all three are now for sale cheap. PM me if anyone has an interest.

Thank you. Yet more brands unbeknownst to me. Let us know how you get on with the Gobel USB.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Thank you. Yet more brands unbeknownst to me. Let us know how you get on with the Gobel USB.

i was never confident enough that USB would be the long term interface to 'invest' in a high priced USB cable until now. i've heard how much better the MSB Pro USB interface is with my modestly priced USB's. now with the Gobel the delta is such that any other interface would be hard pressed to compete.

but only time will tell how long this seemingly huge advantage for USB in my particular system lasts.

right now all my 17tb of files are being transferred to my newly installed internal PCIe drives. so my listening quality is impacted for the next day or two. after that i will again comment on my progress with the Gobel USB.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
The bad man Oliver yesterday took back the cable,
How to do now?

Attachments

• IMG_7409.jpg
    IMG_7409.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 52

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Youve been "Gobel'd"
That can be applied to installing Oliver's cbls. Or having them taken away.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Adyc, stuff is always THE best. Until the next BEST thing.

Reactions: bonzo75 and bazelio

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing