Bergmann Glader and a good Tonearm?

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
We’re considering a Bergmann Glader w/o an Odin Tonearm.

Which “other“ Tonearms would work well with a Glader TT? I’m considering a TriPanar and Kuzma 4 pt, but there are many others. My budget would be no more than 15k. It would be paired with an Opus1 cart.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I myself have not seen any tonearm on a Galder other than an Odin.

Purely out of curiosity why do you not want an Odin?

PS: I think Opus 1 on Odin on Galder is a wonderful combination I have heard several times.

Reactions: Audire

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I myself have not seen any tonearm on a Galder other than an Odin.

Purely out of curiosity why do you not want an Odin?

PS: I think Opus 1 on Odin on Galder is a wonderful combination I have heard several times.
I have heard in Oslo, with Allaerts finish gold on the Odin linear tracker, SPU Royale on the Schick, dynavector xv-1s on the kuzma 4p, and accuphase c27 and Allnic 1500 phonos, latter updated with original WE tubes

Reason to add other arms to Galder is because pivots and LTs will sound different plus some arms work better with different carts

Reactions: Audire

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Thanks very much Ron. The Glader holds up to four arms, so I figured that most don’t put four Odins on them (I’m not sure that is even possible). But as you, I’ve never seen another arm on a Glader.

I’m unsure about the Odin essentially because a pro who travels US setting up TTs (he will be setting mine up) states they are (1) a little difficult to set up and (2) come out of alignment more so than many other arms. I know TTs are extra work (enjoyment) but I like to listen more than fiddle. Some adjusting is ok, but constant readjusting not so much …

This said, the one Odin I heard sounded absolutely amazing.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Ron,

I just spoke with my dealer again. He contacted the person that’s installing the TT. I’m repeating what my dealer stated ... The set up guy apologized for any misunderstanding. He stated it still takes great care to put an Odin in correctly, but that it’s not “difficult.“ He also stated that when he mentioned the readjustment comment he was speaking in general about most air bearing Tonearms, but not Bergmann.

So, I’m ordering a Glader / Odin tomorrow.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing