BATWOMAN Official Trailer (2019) Superhero TV Series

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
"Send it the the PC script doctors! It doesn't have enough ludicrous, knee jerk, politically correct stereotypes! We have all of the stereotypes in a logged album for easy splicing reference. Lesbians, everybody likes love-able lesbians, it's just so Ellen! Put some lesbians in there! And 'Batwoman', it's just so gender presumptuous? Can't we make it BatXer with an indeterminate genital lump in the costume? Does the Bat Cave have a unisex bathroom? Maybe that's going a little too far. We haven't softened up the public enough yet."

Reactions: PeterA and ddk

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
"Send it the the PC script doctors! It doesn't have enough ludicrous, knee jerk, politically correct stereotypes! We have all of the stereotypes in a logged album for easy splicing reference. Lesbians, everybody likes love-able lesbians, it's just so Ellen! Put some lesbians in there! And 'Batwoman', it's just so gender presumptuous? Can't we make it BatXer with an indeterminate genital lump in the costume? Does the Bat Cave have a unisex bathroom? Maybe that's going a little too far. We haven't softened up the public enough yet."
Carl, haven't you heard? It's not enought to risk your life against sociopaths and homicidal maniacs w bad fashion sense. You gotta take on the BIG one, society's taboos.

Reactions: ddk

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Network TV seems to be on the decline as it tries to keep up with the giant silver screen on one side and Netflix, Prime, Hulu etc on the other side.
Network TV seems to be trying to stretch the boundaries of what is acceptable to be shown and what will glean the highest ratings and so what do they deliver, more Super Heroes for us to claim as saviors of the galaxy and the universe.

It is getting rather pathetic. What is being seen now is that more and more people are cutting the cord with Network TV and are picking their favorite cable networks and streaming shows.

TV as we used to know it is changing dramatically

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I still haven't seen anything on tv, Netflix etc, that can hold a candle to Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Sopranos, Mad Men. Ok, maybe True Detective S1. But that's it. That's 5 years now.

I'm having my nails done or watching paint dry when interminable borefests like Handmaid's Tale is on. The less said about Killing Eve and The Bodyguard, the better.

Comedy is struggling too. Can anyone really name anything to even clean the shoes of Curb Yr Enthusiam, Frasier, Seinfeld etc.

Is it time to forgive Louis CK?

Reactions: christoph

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
A bit of a sleeper that manages to slyly segue around the obligatory PC stuff to actually illustrate a point is the spy drama "Traitors", about an upper crust gal who is recruited by an ambitious CIA agent after WWII to hunt for moles in the British political bureaucracy. It is synoptic, but gets more gripping as it rolls along.

Michael Stuhlbarg does a great role as the heartless CIA recruiter and empire builder, although his role is sadly a one season performance.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Yep, they did it to her too, they made Batwoman gay! Hollywood or wherever this dreck is made these days is so predictable. According to them if a woman is strong then she must a dyke.
david

Hollywood is so tone deaf its unbelievable.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I still haven't seen anything on tv, Netflix etc, that can hold a candle to Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Sopranos, Mad Men. Ok, maybe True Detective S1. But that's it. That's 5 years now.

I'm having my nails done or watching paint dry when interminable borefests like Handmaid's Tale is on. The less said about Killing Eve and The Bodyguard, the better.

Comedy is struggling too. Can anyone really name anything to even clean the shoes of Curb Yr Enthusiam, Frasier, Seinfeld etc.

Is it time to forgive Louis CK?
I agree, Breaking Bad is absolutely awesome but I really liked the (british) bodyguard as well :cool:
Comedy: I can still, even after 10 seasons, laugh hard watching big bang theory :D
And over all, no love for GoT? o_O

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Christoph, GoT not ever doing it for me.
Breaking Bad had EVERYTHING.
Every line of dialog a joy.
Every character fleshed out.
A proper study of masculinity.
Sociopathy - nature or nurture?
The meaning of family.
The nature of America.
A real journey into Hell.

The rôle of a lifetime for Bryan Cranston.

Sir Anthony Hopkins wrote Bryan a personal letter, saying his performance was the greatest in any actor he ever saw, incl the greats of Shakespeare.

I kinda agree.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
GoT was horrible.

Marc you should watch inside no. 9 on the BBC iPlayer, also on Netflix. Just watch one 30 mins episode and get back to me. British sarcasm, weird mystery, it has it all. And every episode is independent so no continuity.

Watch the first episode. Then jump to season 2 and watch all through to season 4 and. Best series ever.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I have been meaning too. Good call.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Christoph, GoT not ever doing it for me.
Breaking Bad had EVERYTHING.
Every line of dialog a joy.
Every character fleshed out.
A proper study of masculinity.
Sociopathy - nature or nurture?
The meaning of family.
The nature of America.
A real journey into Hell.

The rôle of a lifetime for Bryan Cranston.

Sir Anthony Hopkins wrote Bryan a personal letter, saying his performance was the greatest in any actor he ever saw, incl the greats of Shakespeare.

I kinda agree.

everyone says that The Wire was the best series ever but for me Breaking Bad did it all

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Steve, its rare for a show to grab you in the first 5mins and not let you go until the end. My best mate helped me on the chapel conversion here, and early on he invited me to watch the first episode of Breaking Bad. We got no work done that day.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
There have been plenty of character studies of men turning to the dark side to protect the family. Michael Corleone, eg. But none better or w more pathos than Walter White.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing