CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
IMG-20190228-WA0061~2.jpg

Reactions: Taiko Audio

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Looks like a good all in one solution. Very nicely executed!

However, my personal view is that the included dac section is rather redundant in such a USD18k flagship grade server.
:rolleyes:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Good point, maybe at client request? We actually had quite a lot of enquiries about integrating a DAC in the SGM if you can believe that.

The more logical way to do it is to make an optional internal dac card.

In Hong Kong at least, I guess >90% of those audiophiles willing to buy a top server of USD18k must have a separate dac.

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
I dont think Aurender is targeting just the extreme niche corner of the market for a "statement" product.

They have and were probably the leader 5 years back with the Aurender w20, with all the excesses of a super high end streamer.

Let's face it, they are the father of the high end streamers, with ocxo clocking with master clock 10M inputs with discrete clocking , battery supply in a custom designed board with dual AES outputs.

They are still in the game are these years, but with higher resolution files, digital chips back then were not available then.

No after market modified computer board is ever going to come out with a master clock input, dual AES outputs , custom ocxo clocking and circuitry, all the input to connect to any high end dac back then.

A modification to a computer board with even an ocxo may not be comparable.

I would like further information if the usb and ethernet are slaved to this same clocking circuitry. They would be unbeatable then.

There is just no extra space for them to include more ocxo's unless they stack some small boards or mount it in any free spaces to the side of panel etc etc, unlikely though.

It was admitted that there was no space and had to even adopt a switching supply for partial electronics and HDD's etc. Any further significant progress to the W20 would require a dual chassis or a huge double din height chassis. This may not sound well with the marketing team which will probably stop such a product from coming out.

I guess some updates to some microchip to the latest is all one can expect if they ever released a successor to the W20.

I wouldnt expect anything more targeted to the super high end niche market will be wise for them after the A30.

It is mainly target for the wider high end market, which i am guess may be larger than what we may think.

We just dont see them participating in forums and may never know, their sales data would allow for such statistics for any motivation for production of a worthy replacement to the W20 costing double the price then?

EugeniyDomashets

Mar 27, 2018

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I did not find a special thread about Aurender W20.
I updated yesterday both software and Conductor app.
My old but still very good W20 plays now native DSD instead of DoP and DSD files up to 512 fs :) , I use powerless usb audio connection and powerless usb cables( FTA Callisto and Audio Phase).
A significant leap in DSD reproduction, I am still very happy with my W20 and do not intend to replace it

Attachments

• 3FA71AE2-9272-453C-9E1D-838958F208A9.png
    3FA71AE2-9272-453C-9E1D-838958F208A9.png
    925.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 49DC1B6E-95AD-4A3D-BC8C-A88F1DED7BB9.png
    49DC1B6E-95AD-4A3D-BC8C-A88F1DED7BB9.png
    873.1 KB · Views: 7
  • D3F47E96-AC0D-40B8-9FA2-1488A2CEECAA.jpeg
    D3F47E96-AC0D-40B8-9FA2-1488A2CEECAA.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing