ATC VS WILSON SASHA

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 26, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Im considering ATC 100 active speakers to replace my Wilson Sasha speakers but have not heard them yet I’d like to hear opinions please
These are two totally different animals. They do not sound even remotely alike.

Wilson speakers "usually" take on the flavor of upstream equipment.. (ie.. amps/pre). They have the Wilson house sound, whereas ATC speakers are active and have a sound that is really tilted up, in your face and non-forgiving. ATC speakers are great tools in the studio... but for long term listening pleasure... look elsewhere!

Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
These are two totally different animals. They do not sound even remotely alike.

Wilson speakers "usually" take on the flavor of upstream equipment.. (ie.. amps/pre). They have the Wilson house sound, whereas ATC speakers are active and have a sound that is really tilted up, in your face and non-forgiving. ATC speakers are great tools in the studio... but for long term listening pleasure... look elsewhere!
Thank you. This is helpful. I definitely do not want in my face sound; it’s tiring and gives me a headache. Guess I will keep my kit and continue with room treatment. I’m 90% there. I was getting upper bass boom which has significantly improved with room treatment

asiufy

Member Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I suggest playing with different amplification on your Wilsons, something with good control of the woofers. If the amps are not controlling the woofers, all bets are off as far as room treatment and speaker positioning.

Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
I have ATC Active 50 in my room. I prefer my Sasha / Pass Labs combo. Sasha is refined and superior across frequency range. Most importantly ATC does not come close in stage width , depth and height. Also Sasha plays lower and has gravitas/ heft. But it’s unfair comparison in terms of price. BTW i used the same Transparent Audio power cable and interconnect on ATC as on my Sasha/Pass Labs kit. The source is also the same , MSB Analog DAC

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing