Aries Cerat & the journey to (my) end game

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
kassandra1.jpg

Hello all
I have posted here for a while, and like many have been on the journey of audio discovery for many years.

I have bought and sold quite a lot of gear, and tweaked around with tubes, tube amp kits, DAC kits. Also borrowed, bought and sold gear. Possibly I am getting older, or maybe I am mellowing? But I finally have come to a place where I feel very happy with my music presentation. This is after hearing Aries Cerat products, and then finally jumping in the deep end and buying the Kassandra Ref II DAC. IMO the source is the most important element to a system and think if I get this right, the rest will follow.

I haven't spent 18K€ on a single audio product for a while, so for me, it was a big deal. The best DAC I owned prior to this was the Audio Note DAC 5, prior to that many of their other models, and during that period, lots of home demo's and tryouts. Some DACs were close, almost right, others way off to my ears. I heard most of the usual suspects in the sub 20K bracket. And others beyond that price at audio shows and friends systems.

The Kassandra landed in February 2018. 6 weeks ago I decided to order the 15K€ Genus SET integrated, as the Aries Cerat house sound is so addictive to my ears.

Since then I have had more and more communications with Aries Cerat, and 3 weeks ago Stavros asked me to be their Spanish and Portugal distributor. They didn't have a representative in the Balearics. I was surprised, I didn't expect that or had I planned it. But it makes sense to me, as I am very passionate about this brand as some of you may have noticed. It seemed like a small step to then invite audio folk round to my house, chat about audio and hear my system. I will also offer local support and installation, audio advice.

I am actually semi-retired, and am a web designer by trade from the UK. I came to Spain for the sun and less stress, basically I got burn't out in the UK and was working 12 hour days. I had to leave that behind at some point. I have employed my lovely wife in the business, and her Spanish is excellent, so that helps. She is also a music fanatic like me (what a pair!). So I am very excited about this new venture.

To jazz up all this talking, here are some photos of my own DAC. I will follow soon with photos of the Genus SET Integrated. It is going to drive my Zingali Client Evo 1.2 Horns. I am also doing some acoustic treatments to the demo room amongst other things. My music room has a sea view which is nice, lots of light. And the floor is concrete with thick brick walls on 3 sides. The sound in the room is excellent with no noticeable standing waves or reflections.

Another aspect to my work is I have been working with Steve on the new forum. He wanted to get away from vBulletin and do new things with the forum. So I have been super busy the last few weeks on that work.

If anyone is in Spain and wants to come down to my place for a listen, you are more than welcome!

Hola a todos
He publicado aquí por un tiempo y, como muchos, han estado en el viaje del descubrimiento de audio durante muchos años.

He comprado y vendido bastante equipo, y lo he retocado con tubos, kits de amplificador de tubos, kits DAC. También prestado, comprado y vendido equipo. Posiblemente me estoy haciendo mayor, o tal vez me estoy suavizando? Pero finalmente he llegado a un lugar donde me siento muy feliz con mi presentación musical. Esto es después de escuchar los productos Aries Cerat y, finalmente, saltar al fondo y comprar el DAC Kassandra Ref II. En mi opinión, la fuente es el elemento más importante para un sistema y creo que si lo hago bien, el resto seguirá.

No he gastado 18K € en un solo producto de audio por un tiempo, así que para mí fue un gran problema. El mejor DAC que poseí antes de esto fue el Audio Note DAC 5, anterior a muchos de sus otros modelos, y durante ese período, muchas demostraciones y pruebas en casa. Algunos DAC estaban cerca, casi a la derecha, otros lejos de mis oídos. Escuché a la mayoría de los sospechosos habituales en el soporte sub 20K. Y otros más allá de ese precio en programas de audio y sistemas de amigos.

La Casandra aterrizó en febrero de 2018. Hace 6 semanas, decidí pedir el Género SET integrado de 15K €, ya que el sonido Aries Cerat House es muy adictivo para mis oídos.

Desde entonces he tenido más y más comunicaciones con Aries Cerat, y hace 3 semanas, Stavros me pidió que fuera su distribuidor en España y Portugal. No tenían un representante en Baleares. Me sorprendió, no esperaba eso o lo había planeado. Pero tiene sentido para mí, ya que me apasiona mucho esta marca, como algunos de ustedes habrán notado. Me pareció un pequeño paso para luego invitar a gente de audio a mi casa, conversar sobre el audio y escuchar mi sistema. También ofreceré asistencia e instalación local, consejos de audio.

En realidad estoy semi-retirado, y soy un diseñador web de comercio del Reino Unido. Vine a España por el sol y menos estrés, básicamente me quemé en el Reino Unido y trabajé 12 horas al día. Tuve que dejar eso atrás en algún momento. He empleado a mi encantadora esposa en el negocio, y su español es excelente, así que eso ayuda. Ella también es una fanática de la música como yo (¡qué pareja!). Así que estoy muy entusiasmado con esta nueva empresa.

Para mejorar toda esta conversación, aquí hay algunas fotos de mi propio DAC. Los seguiré pronto con fotos del género SET integrado. Va a conducir mis cuernos Zingali Client Evo 1.2. También estoy haciendo algunos tratamientos acústicos a la sala de demostración, entre otras cosas. Mi sala de música tiene una vista al mar que es agradable, mucha luz. Y el piso es de hormigón con gruesas paredes de ladrillo en los 3 lados. El sonido en la habitación es excelente, sin ondas estacionarias ni reflejos notables.

Otro aspecto de mi trabajo es que he estado trabajando con Steve en el nuevo foro. Quería alejarse de vBulletin y hacer cosas nuevas con el foro. Así que he estado muy ocupado las últimas semanas en ese trabajo.

Si alguien está en España y quiere venir a mi casa para escuchar, ¡eres más que bienvenido!

Attachments

• kassandra11.jpg
    kassandra11.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 14
  • kassandra10.jpg
    kassandra10.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 12
  • kassandra9.jpg
    kassandra9.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 8
  • kassandra7.jpg
    kassandra7.jpg
    640 KB · Views: 9
  • kassandra6.jpg
    kassandra6.jpg
    597.6 KB · Views: 8
  • kassandra5.jpg
    kassandra5.jpg
    689.5 KB · Views: 9
  • kassandra4.jpg
    kassandra4.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 10
  • kassandra3.jpg
    kassandra3.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 9
  • kassandra2.jpg
    kassandra2.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Reactions: Stef

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Wow, that is interesting news indeed. Smart move and Stavros's part as we definitely could use people who know and understand the brand vs just resellers looks for the next big thing. Let me be the first to welcome you to the team!

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Thanks Joshua. Please let me know when you get chance to take some photos of the Achilleas. Lots of fun at your end...

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
[QUOTE = "astrostar59, post: 534632, member: 7684"] Thanks Joshua. Please let me know when you get chance to take some photos of the Achilleas. Lots of fun at your end ... [/ QUOTE]

We may actually postpone the shipping of the speakers so that Billy can listen to them on the Contendo. Should be the highlight of my life

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Not suggesting anything Astro, just leave it here ;) Feel free to contact Purasound's Rob for a feedback on the combo.
Zdj?cie 14.10.2018, 10 57 37.jpg
Cheers,
Jarek

Reactions: Stef

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing