Aries Cerat | Ianus Geminae Monoblocks - Has anyone heard these devices?

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
I have to admit, the best amplifiers, I've ever heard personally are the Audionet Heisenbergs. They would be my destination amplifiers if I was able to pull the trigger today.
However, after hearing the exceptional efforts from Stavros Danos of Aries Creat, I would have to hear the Ianus Geminae before selling my audio soul.

Has anyone heard the Ianus Geminae Monoblocks? Even those who have heard the smaller Ianus Essentia can chime in here opinions in absolute and relative terms would be useful.

Verdier

Oct 7, 2018
Hi!

Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to hear these thick monos. Not Audionet either. But since you also ask about experiences with Essentia:

So far I have driven my speakers with Mark Levinson ML-2 driven by a Trinity (Black) Reference Preamp. A few months ago I had the opportunity to try out CH Precision L1 and A 1.5 on my speakers. My speakers have active subwoofers. The main speakers are passive, 3 way (and also only 3 drivers), a little over 90 db.

Here in the forum you can read a lot of praise about CH Precision. Therefore, I assumed that the overall sound would be very different from what I had experienced with my previous components and that a much higher level would be achieved with CH Precision. That was not the case. The L1 (perhaps with a clearer structure) sounded slightly different from the Trinity (with more body and live quality) - a matter of taste. The Poweramp, on the other hand, perhaps resolved a little more, but also sounded harsher. For the price, it didn't sound nearly good enough. Even at the same price as a pair of ML-2s, I would have seen no reason to give up my ML-2s for them!

Aries Cerat Ianus Essentia (driven by Impera Reference II) was a completely different story. This combination does everything better than my previous one - very, very clearly. More energy, more dynamics, much more timbre and also much more resolution, and by that I mean resolution of the natural kind .... nothing sounds harsh or sharp or cold unless it is included that way on the recording. Voices get not only timbre and space, but also character. It is a great pleasure to listen to Essentia.

Here you will find a little more information:

Reactions: Legolas and flyer

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing