Anyone had a chance to listen to Miyajima Destiny

pweg

Jun 8, 2014
Australia
Does anyone have experience with the relatively new Miyajima Destiny cart?

by all accounts it is meant to be something special - thinking of getting one.....

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I really am looking forward to hear more about this cartridge! Any news, any users?

nickif

May 17, 2013
I've been using this cartridge for a while and am very happy with it, compared to my previous cart Ikeda Kai, it's more natural and balanced; compared to miyajima madake the bottom end clearly more solid and defined. I've also heard fuuga in a different setup though, the vocal is magical on fuuga but destiny is more to my liking for classical

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I've been using this cartridge for a while and am very happy with it, compared to my previous cart Ikeda Kai, it's more natural and balanced; compared to miyajima madake the bottom end clearly more solid and defined. I've also heard fuuga in a different setup though, the vocal is magical on fuuga but destiny is more to my liking for classical
This gets me excited! What tonearm are you using. I see you have luxman preamp, can you let me know about that as well. I am using Kuzma 4 point and Madake matches my tonearm really good. It seems destiny will match it too.

nickif

May 17, 2013
I'm using AMG Viella Forte turntable with AMG 12JTurbo arm, I've decided to dump my luxman EQ500 as it's no where close to Robert Koda MC1 phono in a direct comparison. Currently I'm trying MC1 maybe later Zanden 1200s, a phono upgrade seems to be unavoidable...the difference is just too big to be ignored.

Yes, if Madake matches your tonearm Destiny should be fine, it's a bit heavier though but I'm sure 4point should be able to handle.

Michael

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing