Anyone familiar with FridayMusic vinyl reissues?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
While browsing through some vinyl at one of my favourite record haunts I came across the solo debut album of Boz Scaggs (I'm a big fan) on FridayMusic vinyl. This label rings a bell, but I'm really not sure. Anyway, I listened to it briefly last night (no critical listening....was too tired) and it sounded quite nice. The overall packaging was very decent and certainly something you'd expect for an audiophile recording.

Is anyone familiar with this label and are there some good recordings I should seek out?

Here's a pic of the Lp I bought:

002..JPG

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Really? Is no one here familiar with this label?

lasercd

Member Sponsor
Oct 28, 2010
Voorhees, NJ
www.lasercd.com
I have no direct experience. From what I've read the quality is variable depending on who does the mastering. Their selection of releases is somewhat odd. They reissue albums that can be found in the $3 bin in any used record store. I have to admit I've been curious about their reissue of Yes "Relayer" for some time but never pulled the trigger on picking it up.

Ken Golden

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing