Any one using Acoustic Revive devices or Acoustic System Resonators?

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
I am interested in making my walls disappear in my reference system so it's more like being in the actual venue.

The Acoustic Revive devices seem interesting:

http://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/roomtuning/

RR-888 low-frequency pulse generator

QR-8 resonator

RCG-24 Ground Conditioner

The Acoustic System resonators are also interesting, although expensive. These seem to work at audio frequencies.

acoustic-system-international@wanadoo.fr

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/acousticsystem/resonators.html

Any experience with any of these?

Thanks

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
No experience with these but I know some folks that use the Stein Harmonizers. Up to 6 in a room, they definitely have a impact- it is not debatable- and have a very interesting effect on the entire perspective. They are used with corresponding resonating crystals strategically positioned.

They can be overwhelming as they can be adjusted as to their contribution. Worth seeking out to understand if it is what you are looking for.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I have the RR-888, and have used it for years. However, I can't really say whether it does anything or not. When I was A/B (on/off) testing it there were times when I thought the sound improved, and other times when I felt it made no difference. However, it certainly doesn't negatively affect the sound.

8F69CC45-A122-445A-BC0A-26478ED87B7D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim Link

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Maybe ask Jim Smith --he has an RR 77 or 88 on top of his centre Tube trap-he may advise /etc.

I have a friend that uses the 888 and REM 8-(and likes what he hears) - he states the RR's should not be plugged into the same outlet as the System
and needs to be at least 1.5 m' height placement.
Last time if I recall we did the before and after trick--I didn't especially hear any difference per se.

Only your own ears will tell

BruceD

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
There are many reviews of the Acouatic Revive Schumann Wave Generators on the web.
Pls surf and read about their sonic effect.

They have been launched by Acoustic Revive for around 10 years already (RR7, then RR77, RR777, RR888).
Quitely popular in Japan.

IMHO the wave may be affecting the listeners more than the environment and hifi components.

For me myself they work. I owned a RR77 before but then bought a Chartres SE model which was made in Indonesia and gave better sonic effect.

Joe Cohen

Industry Expert
Jun 10, 2012
I am interested in making my walls disappear in my reference system so it's more like being in the actual venue.

The Acoustic Revive devices seem interesting:

http://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/roomtuning/

RR-888 low-frequency pulse generator

QR-8 resonator

RCG-24 Ground Conditioner

The Acoustic System resonators are also interesting, although expensive. These seem to work at audio frequencies.

acoustic-system-international@wanadoo.fr

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/acousticsystem/resonators.html

Any experience with any of these?

Thanks

We, The Lotus Group, are the US importers for Acoustic Revive. Mr. Ken Ishiguro is a deeply creative and prolific designer. His many products address a wide range of vulnerabilities that exist in any Hi-Fi system. We use a number of his products in our reference system including 2 of the the RR-888 Ultra Low Frequency Generators, 2 of the RGC 24 Ground Conditioners and 2 of the RPC-1 Power Line Conditioners. Each of these devices contribute substantially to the overall quality of the sound. These are the kinds of products that once you put them in your system you are likely to keep them there permanently.

Does the RR-888 act on the system or on the listener? The pulse emitted by it replicates the Schumann resonance, 7.83Hz. “Schumann resonances are global electromagnetic resonances, generated and excited by lightning discharges in the cavity formed by the Earth's surface and the ionosphere.” The intensity of these resonances fluctuates. An experiment was conducted in Japan. 50 subjects were fitted with wearable blood pressure monitors. Their blood pressure was measured and recorded at regular intervals. All of the data was gathered and collated and compared with the fluctuations in intensity of the naturally occurring Schumann resonance. It was found that the subjects‘ blood pressure was inversely proportional to the intensity of the resonance. So yes, it does act on the listener. That does not rule out that it may affect the system directly as well. I do not know. There are some few people who do not experience the effects of the RR-888, However the majority of people can easily pick out when it is on and when it is off. To me the affect is like looking at an orchard in the fog and then continuing to watch it as a breeze comes along and blows the fog away revealing a tremendous depth of information. The application of the various Acoustic Revive tweaks Is a big topic which I’m happy to discuss in depth on the phone and here if you are interested.

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
We, The Lotus Group, are the US importers for Acoustic Revive. Mr. Ken Ishiguro is a deeply creative and prolific designer. His many products address a wide range of vulnerabilities that exist in any Hi-Fi system. We use a number of his products in our reference system including 2 of the the RR-888 Ultra Low Frequency Generators, 2 of the RGC 24 Ground Conditioners and 2 of the RPC-1 Power Line Conditioners. Each of these devices contribute substantially to the overall quality of the sound. These are the kinds of products that once you put them in your system you are likely to keep them there permanently.

Does the RR-888 act on the system or on the listener? The pulse emitted by it replicates the Schumann resonance, 7.83Hz. “Schumann resonances are global electromagnetic resonances, generated and excited by lightning discharges in the cavity formed by the Earth's surface and the ionosphere.” The intensity of these resonances fluctuates. An experiment was conducted in Japan. 50 subjects were fitted with wearable blood pressure monitors. Their blood pressure was measured and recorded at regular intervals. All of the data was gathered and collated and compared with the fluctuations in intensity of the naturally occurring Schumann resonance. It was found that the subjects‘ blood pressure was inversely proportional to the intensity of the resonance. So yes, it does act on the listener. That does not rule out that it may affect the system directly as well. I do not know. There are some few people who do not experience the effects of the RR-888, However the majority of people can easily pick out when it is on and when it is off. To me the affect is like looking at an orchard in the fog and then continuing to watch it as a breeze comes along and blows the fog away revealing a tremendous depth of information. The application of the various Acoustic Revive tweaks Is a big topic which I’m happy to discuss in depth on the phone and here if you are interested.

Joe - I emailed you, but no reply....

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
Got your email, thanks.

Joe Cohen

Industry Expert
Jun 10, 2012
One thing that is very interesting about the RR-888 is that, even though it is not connected to the system in any way, its performance can be enhanced by the addition of various tweaks. The most basic of these is using an outboard linear power supply to replace the wall wart that it comes with. Many use the King Rex, but there are quite a number of other options. Upgrading the power supply will double the performance. I have outline a series of additional tweaks here: https://www.lotusgroupusa.com/blog/tweaking-beyond

The most recent discovery is to upgrade the umbilical between the power supply and the head unit. This came about by my friend and local dealer, Jeff Whitlock of AV Solutions telling me that he had improved the performance of his RR-888s by upgrading to a star grounded Canary cable. He sent me the cable and connectors and I put them together quickly and listened. There was a noticeable improvement. So I reasoned that if this was good a PranaWire configured umbilical should be even better. We built it and, lo and behold, it was a significant improvement. Detail and fullness were improved and transients like rim shots and claves were more solid. I know that a lot of these tweaks seem fairly far out, but even to me who deals in these things, this was on the fringe. All I can surmise is that the more focused the signal generated by the device is, the larger the effect.

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
One thing that is very interesting about the RR-888 is that, even though it is not connected to the system in any way, its performance can be enhanced by the addition of various tweaks. The most basic of these is using an outboard linear power supply to replace the wall wart that it comes with. Many use the King Rex, but there are quite a number of other options. Upgrading the power supply will double the performance. I have outline a series of additional tweaks here: https://www.lotusgroupusa.com/blog/tweaking-beyond

The most recent discovery is to upgrade the umbilical between the power supply and the head unit. This came about by my friend and local dealer, Jeff Whitlock of AV Solutions telling me that he had improved the performance of his RR-888s by upgrading to a star grounded Canary cable. He sent me the cable and connectors and I put them together quickly and listened. There was a noticeable improvement. So I reasoned that if this was good a PranaWire configured umbilical should be even better. We built it and, lo and behold, it was a significant improvement. Detail and fullness were improved and transients like rim shots and claves were more solid. I know that a lot of these tweaks seem fairly far out, but even to me who deals in these things, this was on the fringe. All I can surmise is that the more focused the signal generated by the device is, the larger the effect.

That is good to know. I include a great Empirical Audio LPS with many of my digital devices and I can use one of those with it.

I wonder, has anyone used the RR-888 or RR-777 with the Stein Music Harmonizers? Do they complement or compete?

What was the improvement between the RR-777 and the RR-888? Have not found any info on this.

Rocoa

Oct 17, 2018
Spain
I'm using two Acoustic Revive RR, one 777 and the other one 888. The 888 has a more profound effect.
I've replaced the stock power supply by the SBooster LPS with very good results.

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
I'm starting with the Stein Music Harmonizers, 2 of them.

mtakeda

Apr 11, 2018
I use two RR777 and they showed remarkable effect after I connected them to the outboard power supply not so with the power supply which came with the units.

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
I'll be using my excellent Hynes-based Dynamo LPS with it, so that should make the difference.

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Is there a ‘best’ placement in a listening room?

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
I got some help from Holger Stein himself and I have the Stein Music H2's placed in my system. I was able to move the image more centered and make it more solid in the center by adjusting the H2 placement. Also, wider and more spacious image. Movie watching is eery at times with noises coming out of nowhere on the sides and top. I have to stop the movie to see if something is going on. Watched some of "Gravity" again and this time everything was clear and I missed none of the dialogue. No straining to understand the words anymore.

I am getting some Suns and Diamonds soon and will see what effect these have.

I played a bit with the Acoustic Revive QR-8 resonators also. I put one on the elbow of my Victor II Gramophone and it improved the glare and tininess that I get with some records. I will try some on my tube amps next.

Also, received my first Schumann Resonator from Indonesia. I put in on a tube trap, probably not high enough and didn't like the effect. I will try it in my bedroom so see if it helps with sleep. I am also getting the Acoustic Revive RR-888 soon, so maybe that will be better for the audio system.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing