Antipodes Owners - Systems - Whats Best at Your House

OLADRA

Industry Expert
Aug 9, 2022
New Zealand
antipodes.audio
Welcome all Antipodes owners and future owners, post your system, let us know whats best at your house

Reactions: Scott W

OLADRA

Industry Expert
Aug 9, 2022
New Zealand
antipodes.audio
I'll start off with my system at home - Mark's Man Cave -

Antipodes OLADRA Server
Mytek Manhatten 2 DAC/PRE
Linnenberg Allegro Mono Amps
Hart Audio Evo 1 Speakers
All cabling Antipodes - WireWorld Starlight 7 USB

I recently moved back to solid state after a number of years running tubes, the system is the best it has sounded in its current config.

I run Roon Server (Core) on the OLADRA my wife uses Roon via AirPlay on her Yamaha system in the kitchen, I also have an Antipodes DX in a second system as a player-only (endpoint) served by the OLADRA.
I also run PLEX for mobile use, I have a number of servers, and I can access all, using PLEXAMP while travelling. I set this up pre-Roon ARC, PLEX has advantages if you have multiple servers.
In the Man Cave, the software of choice is whatever takes my fancy on a particular day, Antipodes now has built-in pre-sets with AMSv4 which enables moving between app solutions easily Roon/Squeeze, Roon/HQPlayer, MinimServer/MPD, Squeeze/Squeeze are all in use at various times. The OLADRA has multiple server apps running and doesn't break a sweat.

Last edited:

ICUToo

Sep 20, 2021
Antipodes Oladra
Audioquest Carbon USB
MSB ProUSB Adaptor
Lindy Audio Fibre Optic Link
MBS Reference DAC
Inakustik XLR
Audionet Humboldt
Esprit Kappa speaker cable
Magico A5s

Sounds pretty good! Every so often I open my eyes and am surprised the singer isn't standing in front of me!!

• Love
Reactions: RussR and OLADRA

OLADRA

Industry Expert
Aug 9, 2022
New Zealand
antipodes.audio
@ICUToo WOW, nice system, the OLADRA is in great company there.
We use the MSB Ref in the factory test room, a beautiful DAC.

ICUToo

Sep 20, 2021
I thought your description of the changes from K50 to Oladra was BANG on, Mark.
A rimshot or snare strike carries extraordinary energy / action into the room

Reactions: OLADRA

OLADRA

Industry Expert
Aug 9, 2022
New Zealand
antipodes.audio
Yes indeed, I always struggle with the descriptors, more air - more of everything :)
And the K50 was already very good.

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Good to see you here Mark. My K50 uses ROON Server and Squeeze Player. Looking forward to AMS 4.1.

Antipodes K50
Bricasti M21 DAC/Pre
Bricasti M28 Monos
Kharma dB11-S
Shunyata Everest, Sigma and Alpha PCs
WW Plat 8 SCs
Tubulus Concentus ICs

• Love

markramler

Sep 19, 2014
New York, NY
Antipodes K50 with the components listed in my signature.

acg

Dec 25, 2013
Digital
Oladra (incoming...hopefully leaving NZ soon)
Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref 2
Phasure Nos1a G3/Stealth PC MkIII
Holo May KTE
ValveDac (diy)

Preamp using 10y/801a (diy)
6 channel SET monoblocs
Active 6 way horn speakers

Edit: final cabling to be determined.

• Love

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
Hi Mark,
My system is in my signature. Cheers.

ChrisG

• Love

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
This can be heard from K30 to K50 as well.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
let us know whats best at your house
My signature line covers it so I'll share just a few extra details.

LMS/Squeeze delivers the best sound quality on my K30 so I use that most of the time to play music off the K30's local storage. All that music has been upscaled using PGGB.

When streaming from Qobuz or playing music off my NAS, I use Roon/HQPlayer.

• Love

OLADRA

Industry Expert
Aug 9, 2022
New Zealand
antipodes.audio
oooo some fantastic systems here, thank you for sharing

Reactions: kennyb123

barbz127

Jun 4, 2022
K30 here with whats in the signature; Local files with roon with the occasional streaming. I've used the K30 direct to some usb dacs (tt2 / may) in the past but at the moment using the network out to a Aqua LinQ for something different.

Hindsight K50 would have been a smarter choice for the output flexibility but maybe down the track.

Keen to see what other Antipodes users are doing for switching infront of their devices

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
Currently using an Antipodes S40 with the S60 and K21. Would like to go from my S40S/60 combination to the K41, but I don't have the opportunity to compare the S40/S60 to the K41 in my system prior to purchase. A dealer told me going from the S40/S60 to the K41 wasn't significant enough of difference, unless I required additional storage.

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
K50 is the core for more than one room, all the gear is listed in my signature

OLADRA

Industry Expert
Aug 9, 2022
New Zealand
antipodes.audio
Currently using an Antipodes S40 with the S60 and K21. Would like to go from my S40S/60 combination to the K41, but I don't have the opportunity to compare the S40/S60 to the K41 in my system prior to purchase. A dealer told me going from the S40/S60 to the K41 wasn't significant enough of difference, unless I required additional storage.
This is completely incorrect information you have been supplied.
There is a massive leap in performance between a K41 and a S40, the K41 has an uprated board and power supply, which will lead to audible improvement.

Reactions: kennyb123

OLADRA

Industry Expert
Aug 9, 2022
New Zealand
antipodes.audio
Antipodes Audio Swedish Distributor Klarsund @ TAKE 5 2022

Antipodes / Reed / Goldenberg / Aurorasound / MSB / Marten / Jorma

Antipodes OLADRA / MSB Premier / MSB S202 / Marten Parker Duo's

3d33f856e1afb91de201116c3e627f854904f56d.jpeg c02d92f77262821f399e13e6f14c2cad7e50347c.jpeg

Reactions: 7ryder

coldbru

Jul 14, 2022
Mark - Further to your point above about the K41.. How close does one get with S series components to the K series?

In other words, if I put together an S60, S20, S30, driven with an S40 or something else (and assume away the additional costs of good but not crazy power and signal cabling in between each), how close are you getting to K50 performance?

OLADRA

Industry Expert
Aug 9, 2022
New Zealand
antipodes.audio
Mark - Further to your point above about the K41.. How close does one get with S series components to the K series?

In other words, if I put together an S60, S20, S30, driven with an S40 or something else (and assume away the additional costs of good but not crazy power and signal cabling in between each), how close are you getting to K50 performance?
A K41 and K22 are pretty much a 2-box K50, with the potential to sound better due to separation, and assuming a great ethernet cable.
The S Series are great devices and as with K41&K22 enable building a system over time.
It is very hard to say what percentage of performance the combo has when compared to a K50, the performance will be fantastic, and we have many customers using this combination, however, it won't meet K50 performance.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing