Altair

cakeaudio

Jun 8, 2012
Southern California
We just received our Altair's in the store in April and they are beautiful in every way, but we don't have room for them along with the Cygnus we have coming in, the Atria's and other speakers we have. If anyone has been dreaming of owning a pair of Altair's, this could be your chance to own a new pair at a discount. We are an authorized Rockport dealer located in Southern California.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 25, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ken, proprietor of Cake Audio, kindly and graciously hosted me for an extended audition of the Rockport Altair a couple of weeks ago. A longtime audiophile, Ken is, I believe, an aerospace engineer by background.

Not only is Ken not of the "hard-sell" variety, he is not really even of the "soft-sell" variety, as he was happy to have me select which of his two record-player front-ends I preferred to listen to with the Altairs, and then he simply let me listen to the system and draw my own conclusions.

Ken has a background in panel speakers. He became a Rockport dealer because he fell in love with the product. Ken is a smart, experienced, delightful fellow, and I feel like I made a new friend.

I have had panel speakers for 27 years, ever since I got involved in this hobby. I have only minimal experience with dynamic driver speakers. I think the Altair sounds wonderful, and if you are curious about Rockport speakers and you are in Southern California I encourage you to audition them with Ken.

cakeaudio

Jun 8, 2012
Southern California
Thank you Ron for taking the time to come by for a visit and to experience Rockport speakers - (and for the kind words.. )

Ken

Ken, proprietor of Cake Audio, kindly and graciously hosted me for an extended audition of the Rockport Altair a couple of weeks ago. A longtime audiophile, Ken is, I believe, an aerospace engineer by background.

Not only is Ken not of the "hard-sell" variety, he is not really even of the "soft-sell" variety, as he was happy to have me select which of his two record-player front-ends I preferred to listen to with the Altairs, and then he simply let me listen to the system and draw my own conclusions.

Ken has a background in panel speakers. He became a Rockport dealer because he fell in love with the product. Ken is a smart, experienced, delightful fellow, and I feel like I made a new friend.

I have had panel speakers for 27 years, ever since I got involved in this hobby. I have only minimal experience with dynamic driver speakers. I think the Altair sounds wonderful, and if you are curious about Rockport speakers and you are in Southern California I encourage you to audition them with Ken.

About us

• Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing