Alsyvox Tintoretto @ Rhapsody.Audio

Greetings,

Rhapsody.Audio now has the Alsyvox Tintoretto available for demonstration.
The first video was taken with the Tintorettos 2 hours out of their flight cases. Alsyvox breaks the speakers in so when they arrive other than some climate acclimation they are "ready to go". Here's a sneak preview with the Taiko Audio Etreme>>>Aqua Forumul xHD>>>>>Pilium Alexander preamp>>>>Pilium Achiles Stereo amp>>>>Alsyvox Tintoretto

SIX HOURS LATER FROM BEING TAKEN FROM THE FLIGHT CASES

Last edited:

Comments

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Sounds quite good through the YouTube filter. Guys in NY should run to go listen to these.

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
impressive! Look forward to hearing Alsyvox someday.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Sounds really impressive; I need to come down soon, and compare with the Magico M3. I'd bet the Alsyvox will be better.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
NYC
Sounds really impressive; I need to come down soon, and compare with the Magico M3. I'd bet the Alsyvox will be better.
Come on down....

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 25, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations on getting these, Bob!

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
NYC

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
NYC
After the first 24 hours they seem 99% broken in. It is the first pair of speakers that I have ever received that were burned in at the factory.

Bob, sad that we are on opposite coasts. Good for you though, else I'd be fixture in your laboratory of sound ;-)

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
NYC
Bob, sad that we are on opposite coasts. Good for you though, else I'd be fixture in your laboratory of sound ;-)
I wish you were a fixture at my place, to help me lug these speakers around:) Have a great 4th weekend over there!!!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
You are one interesting dealer Bob. The clarity and speed from these speakers are A+.

Kind regards,
Tang

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
NYC
You are one interesting dealer Bob. The clarity and speed from these speakers are A+.

Kind regards,
Tang
Thank you Tang, appreciate it. Yes the speakers and I believe the match with the Pilium Electronics, not to mention the Extreme, has me quite stunned with the sq. Nothing like BIG ribbons:)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Thank you Tang, appreciate it. Yes the speakers and I believe the match with the Pilium Electronics, not to mention the Extreme, has me quite stunned with the sq. Nothing like BIG ribbons:)
Big ribbons and horns, Bob quite the dilemma (unless like you you’ve got both). Will the Kondos play nice on these?

Perhaps Howie might also find with the Alsyvox being at Rhapsody that there’s another intriguing reason to visit. Interesting to be able to compare the Diesis and the Alsyvox.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
NYC
Big ribbons and horns, Bob quite the dilemma (unless like you you’ve got both). Will the Kondos play nice on these?

Perhaps Howie might also find with the Alsyvox being at Rhapsody that there’s another intriguing reason to visit. Interesting to be able to compare the Diesis and the Alsyvox.
Yes, the Kaguras will drive either the Alsyvox or the Diesis, so will the 34Watt Kondo Overture integrated:) Currently I am pumping 600Watts into either the Alsyvox Tintoretto or the Diesis Roma. It's a different presentation than the lower wattage tube amps.

I like having both the ribbons and the horns as well as SS and tubes....variety -the spice of life:)

In this configuration you can get a really good sense for either set of speakers and hear them quickly side by side. When someone is serious about purchasing then I move one of the sets of speakers out of the way and listen to just one pair which is set up as optimally as can be done within my space challenged studio.

20190704_072218.jpg

Last edited:

User211

Jul 28, 2014
I just recorded the Dead Combo track on my primary hi-fi system, and replayed it via my second system.

Comparing the original via TIDAL, the Alsyvox video above, and my recording and both the Alsyvox and Apogee recordings get clobbered by the original via TIDAL.

Interesting. A lot is down to the mics used, but there's a big gap between real and recorded in terms of replay quality.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
NYC
I just recorded the Dead Combo track on my primary hi-fi system, and replayed it via my second system.

Comparing the original via TIDAL, the Alsyvox video above, and my recording and both the Alsyvox and Apogee recordings get clobbered by the original via TIDAL.

Interesting. A lot is down to the mics used, but there's a big gap between real and recorded in terms of replay quality.
I used a Samsung phone;)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I used a Samsung phone;)
Hehe. Simple stupid ;). If a system sounds interesting Samsung just gives a glimps of that. S10 has a surprisingly good speakers and camera too. But it comes with a terrible earphone which should be thrown away.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing