All New Yamaha NS 5000 Speakers..... World-Beaters ?

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
At the Tokyo International Audio Show after listening to some Magico M3 Speakers!.. one reviewer said "All Told, these new 15K Yamaha NS 5000 Speakers are the ones to write home about..! and the one to watch!" ;)

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/tokyo-international-audio-show-julie-mullins-highlights/

Another reviewer at the Tokyo International Audio Show said 'these Yamaha NS-5000's was the STAR of the Show !! :p

http://www.soundstagehifi.com/index...st-of-the-2016-tokyo-international-audio-show

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
The original version of this speaker has had a fantastic reputation for nearly a generation...great to hear the new version is being well received. I have heard great things about the original.

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
Yamaha says their new Zylon-Based speakers are more like a musical instrument than a speaker! I've never heard speakers that can project music into a room like real musical instruments can. :confused:
Because it is impossible. If it can project a violin perfectly, it fails for everything else.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
When you tweak these speakers a little they sound much better as you can Even Hear in this new video on.... You Tube !..

The Piano and other instruments sound very Real!!..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gQSERntW_c

You can tell something sounds real on YouTube??? . . . through your computer speakers ???. . . or YOUR stereo system speakers??? and by YOUR speakers, I mean whatever speakers you own--Wilson XLF, Pendragon, Genesis Prime, Magico, Assoluta . . . the list goes on.

You can't tell how other speakers sound by listening to a recording of them through YOUR speakers.

opus112

Feb 24, 2016
Zhejiang
You can tell something sounds real on YouTube???

Try the experiment yourself - record your stereo system playing a recording of an instrument. Then record that instrument playing live. Notice any difference (apart from different acoustic)?

With most stereo systems there's a loss of dynamics between the real thing and the playback which is noticeable even on a relatively poor quality recording such as through a mobile phone. But YMMV.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
You can tell something sounds real on YouTube??? . . . through your computer speakers ???. . . or YOUR stereo system speakers??? and by YOUR speakers, I mean whatever speakers you own--Wilson XLF, Pendragon, Genesis Prime, Magico, Assoluta . . . the list goes on.

You can't tell how other speakers sound by listening to a recording of them through YOUR speakers.

"SoundStage has been raving about the top of the line Magico speakers and Vivid Audio Giya speakers.. saying They are Some of the Best.. Money Can Buy"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gQSERntW_c

"When SoundStage says these new Yamaha ns-5000's sound even better than these.. Big Boys Speakers you know we are dealing with a very special set of speakers indeed".....

I can't wait until these new Yamaha ns-5000's come on the market...here

The Big Boys better look out... "When Yamaha wants to...they can play with the VERY High-Priced "Big Boys" Speakers"...For a lot less money too . . .;)

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I realize that it's only a youtube music video. Wow, it still sounds awesome...in particular with classical music.

I feel ? excited, revitalized, reinvigorated, re-energized, renewed. Thx for post sharing.

Reactions: pdreher

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I've always wanted to try out a pair of the original Yamaha studio monitors. These look absolutely awesome, I help they show them at the LA Audio show.

leyenda

Mar 2, 2011
Heard the Yammie while I was in Tokyo. I can't speak Japanese so I put my thumb up to the salesperson to say the sound was spectacular. He slowly nodded his head with a look that reads "hell yeah..." :cool:

Reactions: pdreher

yyzSB

May 14, 2017
I wish these reviews would state the recommended room size and positioning distance from walls. These speakers look like something to consider for my home office.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I realize that it's only a youtube music video. Wow, it still sounds awesome...in particular with classical music.

I feel ? excited, revitalized, reinvigorated, re-energized, renewed. Thx for post sharing.

To paraphrase the old Memorex commercial..
Is it Live or is it Youtube?...
Enough already people!!.. On one side you claim that mp3 is crap and yet ... it reveals quality! WTF!??:mad:

yyzSB

May 14, 2017
There is a very favourable review in the June 2017 hi-finews & Record Review.
UK price £15,000 including stands.

I just ordered this magazine. I was shocked that it is coming from snail mail from the UK. I guess they have not heard of the internet or digital downloads.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I wish these reviews would state the recommended room size and positioning distance from walls. These speakers look like something to consider for my home office.

See the HFNRR review.

"worked best 80cm -1m from boundary walls, slightly toed in."

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing