All New Amplifier Technology From MSB-Introducing the M500 and the S500

MSB-System.jpg

I have not heard the new amps in this system yet but those that have are all raving. The technology of the amp seems to be uniquely different than traditional amplifiers

Introducing the 500 series amplifiers

All new amplifier technology from MSB

Extensive research by MSB has revealed that amplifiers generally fall well short of the finest resolution available from MSB’s own world class DACs.
Taking this challenge head on, we started working on a radically new kind of amplifier. One that reveals the true resolution available in our most familiar recordings. The new 500 series amplifiers feature a lifelike dynamic presentation with an astounding 134 db dynamic range!

Dynamic range is most often understood as the maximum loudness. But it also describes the incredibly important low level resolution containing the finest details to be newly discovered for the first time.
Multiple inner layers are now revealed at those precise moments in the recordings where the “harshness, brightness, forwardness” formerly existed.

The S500 and M500 are the result of newly invented methods of amplifying the audio signal employing proprietary technologies including zero negative feedback at 500 watts per channel!

The result: low level details and resolution heard for the first time, huge 3D soundstage and separation of instruments, superbly realistic timbre along with incredible dynamics and fast macro and micro transients. MSB believes this product redefines the level of realism available from our most treasured recordings.

Dealer and customer comments:
“The blackest backgrounds we have ever heard”
“live recordings? ….you are there in the space”
“incredibly natural and musical”
“the sense of new and delicate information washes over me constantly”

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a pair of these puppies on order. Past performance does not guarantee future success but these guys hit a home run with the Select II DAC. After I added that to my system, I knew I need their Monoblocks also. I'm about one month out from delivery. Will post a review then.

Cincy

Reactions: Newtoncr
Well, I almost heard them at Suncoast Audio, but a few weeks before I was out to visit a customer bought them off the showroom floor.

Last edited:
I heard the MSB amps at the High End show in Munich with Magico M6 speakers and the Select DAC. The were way too smooth and lacked dynamics IMHO. The signal path also appeared to be a very complicated. The line input appeared to be on a separate circuit board to the power amp section. These were connected by a multi-pin connector. A strange design decision for a high end power amp.

Reactions: Jon
I heard the MSB amps at the High End show in Munich with Magico M6 speakers and the Select DAC. The were way too smooth and lacked dynamics IMHO. The signal path also appeared to be a very complicated. The line input appeared to be on a separate circuit board to the power amp section. These were connected by a multi-pin connector. A strange design decision for a high end power amp.

They have been tweaked substantially since their intro at Munich. Mike at Suncoast Audio says the improvement is significant.

Ken

My M500's shipped from California on Friday. I will post a review in the next few weeks. I'm anxious to hear them. Coming off of D'Agostino M400's they have a high standard to meet.

Cincy

I'll be interested in your findings. Looks like you're anticipating good things since you already updated your amps your sig block :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing