About Antipodes

OLADRA

Industry Expert
Aug 9, 2022
New Zealand
antipodes.audio
Antipodes Audio began in 2004 as an audio cable maker, based on our own proprietary open-lattice pure silver and pure gold wire.

In 2009 we began R&D on music servers and launched our first music servers in 2011 for the New Zealand and Australian markets. It is now 10 years since we began marketing our music servers internationally in 2012, immediately winning a 6moons Blue Moon award, and a little later a Stereophile Class A+ recommendation.

Since then we have been at the forefront of music server development, focused on delivering digital audio that excels in naturalness and musical expression, rather than technology for the sake of it.

In recent years our Oladra project has delivered significant breakthroughs and has reached a level of maturity where we decided to launch our new premiere product, the OLADRA. Oladra-based design means we design the electronics from the ground up for ultra-low noise interference, and this approach allows us to avoid noise filtering that would limit bandwidth.

Delivering the perfect square wave to the DAC chip requires zero noise and infinite bandwidth. This will always be an unattainable goal, but Antipodes’ Oladra-based approach allows our music servers to achieve unmatched levels of resolution, dynamics, naturalness and organic musicality.

Reactions: bryans

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Definitely on my list of possibilities. It is gorgeous I must say. Truly a stunning design! I heard it at a show, but the room/speakers weren’t great, nor well set up so it offered me nothing in terms of evaluation of the SQ. It still remains near the top of my list of possibilities. Congrats on the launch!

Reactions: OLADRA

OLADRA

Industry Expert
Aug 9, 2022
New Zealand
antipodes.audio
@Sampajanna
Thanks for your kind words, we are very proud of the OLADRA it has to be said.
Yes, shows are always a difficult place to assess equipment.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing