A Relentless Experience with D'Agostino and YG Acoustics @ Alma

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Dan D’Agostino has always had a relentless desire to better his own creations, no matter how flawless they may seem. The Relentless Monoblock amplifier is the latest manifestation of that passion, the result of Dan’s desire for an amplifier that maintains its harmonic integrity and expansive soundstage from 0 watts to 1,500 watts. An amplifier so powerful it can drive any speaker to its best possible performance, no matter how demanding the load it may present.

Alma Music and Audio, Southern California’s premier location for high-end audio enthusiasts, is proud to represent Dan D’Agostino's products, and now, extremely honored to be the chosen venue to introduce Dan’s masterpiece to the Southern California public.

And we can’t think of a better pairing for Dan’s masterpiece amplifier than the YG Acoustics Sonja XV speakers, another debut in our shores. The Sonja XV is an extreme, four-tower version of the Sonja, created to celebrate YG’s 15th anniversary. It combines everything YG knows about speaker design, and incorporates several next-generation technologies that cannot be found elsewhere. Like the Relentless, the Sonja XV is a tour-de-force, an entirely new sonic benchmark, truly extreme in every way.

The complete system will consist of:

Dan D’Agostino Relentless Monoblocks

YG Acoustics Sonja XV speakers

Dan D’Agostino Momentum Phono Stage

Bergmann Galder Turntable w/ Odin Tonearm

Air Tight Opus 1 Cartridge

MSB Select II DAC

Kubala-Sosna cabling

GigaWatt PC-4 EVO Power Conditioner

YG Acoustics Rack

Open-house/public auditions will be held on Saturday, November 17th.

Contact us for private auditions during the week of Nov. 14-16th.

Alma Music and Audio is located at

7847 Convoy Ct., #101

San Diego, CA 92111

(619) 243-4924

(619) 243-6615

Attachments

• Relentless-2.jpg
    Relentless-2.jpg
    620.9 KB · Views: 20

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Alex, just curious, what’s the total retail price of this system? I’m sure it must sound amazing!
Hope to hear it when you are holding the demo days.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Congratulations Alex on what I am sure will be an awesome experience and I will look forward to reading future reports on the event.
If I may so it strikes me as a fitting reward for all the hard work you have put in to developing your business so all best wishes for a successful time.
Are you going to have a video of it all?

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Alex, just curious, what’s the total retail price of this system? I’m sure it must sound amazing!
Hope to hear it when you are holding the demo days.

Hmmm... Haven't done that math, but about $750k all together.
The speakers are here, installed yesterday. Today we'll fine tune positioning, and wait for the big Relentless.
I don't know if it was the fatigue, but last night, once we were done, I had another one of those life-changing audiophile moments. It was just unbelievable, the speakers completely free of the room. Surely a moment I'll always remember!
If you heard the XV Jr. at THE Show earlier this year, this is a different league.

cheers,
Alex

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Congratulations Alex on what I am sure will be an awesome experience and I will look forward to reading future reports on the event.
If I may so it strikes me as a fitting reward for all the hard work you have put in to developing your business so all best wishes for a successful time.
Are you going to have a video of it all?

Thank you for the very kind words, Barry. Yeah we'll try to post some videos!

cheers,
Alex

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Impressive. This compels a trip out there...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
You gotta love Relentless as a moniker. Certainly the pressure on the owner's bank balance was never better described.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Is the Relentless as relentless as his 310kg per side MRA delivering 16,000 watts into 0.5 ohms?

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
ack,

We'll receive guests for private auditions all through next week, so if you want to come, just let me know and I'll make room for you!
Other folks here are also invited, of course. Just let me know, and we'll work things out!

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Thank you for the very kind words, Barry. Yeah we'll try to post some videos!

cheers,
Alex
Would be great to see some videos. Could I request Bill Frisell's Shenandoah from Good Dog Happy Man? No worries if not possible. Guessing you are going direct from Select II to amps and from phono stage to Select II? Looking forward to your feedback. Have fun. Many thanks

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
OMG, what a system !

We will have a similar system @ Warsaw Audio Video Show next weekend:

Dan D’Agostino Relentless
Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre
Dan D’Agostino Momentum Phono Stage
MSB Select II
Wilson Alexx

Reactions: XV-1

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Adam,

That should be quite a system as well :)

ashandger,

Yes, the plan is to use the SELECT's built-in preamp, with the phono hooked up to it.
I could find the 2nd Frisell track on Tidal, but not the first... What album is it in?

cheers,
Alex

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Adam,

That should be quite a system as well :)

ashandger,

Yes, the plan is to use the SELECT's built-in preamp, with the phono hooked up to it.
I could find the 2nd Frisell track on Tidal, but not the first... What album is it in?

cheers,
Alex

Hi Alex, the full name of the Bill Frisell track is Shenandoah (for Johnny Smith) and it's on the album Good Dog, Happy Man. Track 5 on the album. I just checked Tidal and it's definitely there. Many thanks for searching for it. Hope you find it and get to listen to it on this incredible system as I suspect it will sound awesome. Enjoy! Cheers

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Alex, forgot to mention that Shenandoah features Ry Cooder. Many thanks for your efforts

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Alex,

We will have Jean Michel Jarre demonstrating his latest album - Equinoxe Infinity - on that system:

And shortly after, Anna Maria Jopek - a polish jazz vocalist - will demonstrate her latest album Ulotne with Branford Marsalis:

Beat that :)

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Ouch, that hurt :)

JM-Jarre is a fave, and I loved Anna's album with Pat Metheny!

Now you got me thinking who we can invite to do something here :) We're close enough to LA, lots of musicians! :)

cheers,
Alex

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
That is going to be some amazing system!!! I especially would like to see and hear the Sonya XV!

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
MSB SELECT coming in today, Relentless arrives Tuesday. For now, we're slummin' it with the Momentum 400s :)

If anybody's in the area and wants to check the system out, we're open today and by appointment tomorrow.

cheers,
Alex

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
If would come by to listen to them with BOTH with the M400 and the Relentless monos, if I was local.

I always wanted to hear the Sonia VX. And now with Relentless and Select - OMG ! I bet the sound will be amazing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing