2018 Emmy Winners: A Complete List-NY Times

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Compiled by Peter Libbey
Sept. 17, 2018

It was the first time in almost 20 years that HBO didn’t dominate the Primetime Emmy Awards. The cable channel and Netflix tied for 23 awards each.

• Read about what happened at the Emmys, get our critic’s take on the ceremony and read minute-by-minute analysis.

• Talk of #MeToo was largely absent from this year’s ceremony, with no one mentioning Leslie Moonves from the stage.

• Michael Che and Colin Jost hosted the show.

• Henry Winkler won his first Emmy for his role in HBO’s “Barry.”
• Glenn Weiss won the award for best director of a variety special. He used the opportunity to propose to his girlfriend.

• During the awards ceremony, the character Teddy Perkins from “Atlanta” was spotted in the audience.

The major winners of the 70th annual Primetime Emmy Awards are listed below. Additional winners can be found at emmys.com.

Best Comedy: “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” (Amazon)

Best Drama:“Game of Thrones” (HBO)

Best Limited Series: “The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story” (FX)

Best Actress, Comedy: Rachel Brosnahan, “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”

Best Actor, Comedy: Bill Hader, “Barry”

Best Actress, Drama: Claire Foy, “The Crown”

Matthew Rhys accepts the award for best actor in a drama series.CreditChris Pizzello/Invision, via Associated Press
Best Actor, Drama: Matthew Rhys, “The Americans”

Supporting Actress, Drama: Thandie Newton, “Westworld”

Supporting Actor, Drama: Peter Dinklage, “Game of Thrones”

Supporting Actress, Comedy: Alex Borstein, “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”

Supporting Actor, Comedy: Henry Winkler, “Barry”

Best Actress, Limited Series or TV Movie: Regina King, “Seven Seconds”

Best Actor, Limited Series or TV Movie: Darren Criss, “The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story”

Supporting Actress, Limited Series or a Movie: Merritt Wever, “Godless”

Supporting Actor, Limited Series or Movie: Jeff Daniels, “Godless”

Variety Sketch Series: “Saturday Night Live” (NBC)

Variety Talk Series: “Last Week Tonight With John Oliver”(HBO)

Writing for a Comedy Series: Amy Sherman-Palladino, “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” (“Pilot”)

Writing for a Drama Series: Joel Fields and Joe Weisberg, “The Americans” (“Start”)

Writing for a Limited Series, Movie or Drama: William Bridges and Charlie Brooker, “Black Mirror: USS Callister”

Directing for a Comedy Series: Amy Sherman-Palladino, “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” (“Pilot”)

Directing for a Drama Series: Stephen Daldry, “The Crown” (“Paterfamilias”)

Directing for a Limited Series: Ryan Murphy, “The Assassination Of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story” (“The Man Who Would Be Vogue”)

Writing for a Variety Special: John Mulaney, “John Mulaney: Kid Gorgeous At Radio City” (Netflix)

Directing for a Variety Special: Glenn Weiss, “The Oscars” (ABC)
*Television Movie: “Black Mirror: USS Callister” (Netflix)

*Directing for a Variety Series: Don Roy King, “Saturday Night Live” (Host: Donald Glover)

*Reality Host: RuPaul, “RuPaul’s Drag Race”

*Structured Reality Program: “Queer Eye” (Netflix)

*Unstructured Reality Program: “United Shades Of America With W. Kamau Bell” (CNN)

*Guest Actress, Drama: Samira Wiley, “The Handmaid’s Tale”

*Guest Actor, Drama: Ron Cephas Jones, “This Is Us”

*Guest Actress, Comedy: Tiffany Haddish, “Saturday Night Live”

*Guest Actor, Comedy: Katt Williams, “Atlanta”

*Documentary or Nonfiction Series: “Wild Wild Country” (Netflix)

*Animated Program: “Rick And Morty” (Adult Swim)

*Awards presented during the Creative Arts Emmy ceremony on Sept. 8-9.

For me the absolute delights of the evening was the overwhelming number of wins by The Amazing Mrs Maisel as well as the long overdue Emmy Win by Henry Winkler who took out his speech as he commented that he wrote is 49 years ago. He won Best Supporting in a comedy for Barry

As for Mrs Maisel it was the series of the year for my wife and I . Highly recommended. It will have you stitches

And finally Game of Thrones seem to be resurrected last night as it won for Best Drama. How many of us are waiting for the final season

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I agree that Mrs Maisel was a worthy winner. We enjoyed the entire season.

I thought Jeff Daniels speech was hilarious. I was hoping that Godless would have won a couple more awards. The Americans was overdue for recognition. Claire Foy was marvelous in The Queen and I look for ward to seeing how the new "older" cast will carry on with Season 3. (What a change of pace for Foy in her next film "The Girl In The Spiders Web". Living up to the actresses who have played Lisbeth Salendar won't be easy. Regina King was deserving for here role in Seven Seconds but the other nominees were great too.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Good to see The Americans win a few - its been the best show on TV since Breaking Bad.

Can't understand why the Versace mini-series won anything. It was awful other than a good soundtrack.

Thrones finale is this winter right?

Steve Williams

I agree that Mrs Maisel was a worthy winner. We enjoyed the entire season.

I thought Jeff Daniels speech was hilarious. I was hoping that Godless would have won a couple more awards. The Americans was overdue for recognition. Claire Foy was marvelous in The Queen and I look for ward to seeing how the new "older" cast will carry on with Season 3. (What a change of pace for Foy in her next film "The Girl In The Spiders Web". Living up to the actresses who have played Lisbeth Salendar won't be easy. Regina King was deserving for here role in Seven Seconds but the other nominees were great too.

Totally agree Jim

Claire Foy is a remarkable actor and The Crown was our favorite 2 years in a row and we too now look forward to an older Queen playing the role in her senior years

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/cultu...-3-olivia-colman-helena-bonham-carter-photos/

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Another thumbs up for Mrs. Maisel and Rachel Brosnahan.

Regarding the Americans, which I think was great, I thought Keri Russell was more deserving of the award than Matthew Rhys. Nothing against him but her acting made the show.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Good to see The Americans win a few - its been the best show on TV since Breaking Bad.

Can't understand why the Versace mini-series won anything. It was awful other than a good soundtrack.

Thrones finale is this winter right?

Keith
I tried to get into Thrones a couple of times. Between the gratuitous violence and anything with frigg'n dragons I just passed on it.

Steve Williams

Keith
I tried to get into Thrones a couple of times. Between the gratuitous violence and anything with frigg'n dragons I just passed on it.

Jim

My wife and I said the same thing about GOT but honestly once we started we couldn't stop and watched the first 5 seasons in a few weeks

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Keith

At least you tried...I'm a fantasy dork so not really one to comment here (I grew up reading Tolkien, Brooks, and Eddings --- and wasted a ton of time reading the RR Martin books). Its def typical HBO material with the violence and sex however.

I couldn't get into Mrs. Maisel at all past the first few episodes (the end of the first one was the best part haha), so to each their own.

Right now I'm finishing up Bosch - its a 7. Sometimes an 8 (season 4).

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Keith

+1
Watch the documentary "Mr. Rogers" if you want to understand how we got here with GOT and other "entertainment" series with really disturbing violence. There's a serious story here....

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
GOT was the worst thing I saw on tv. I would rather watch online videos of audio shows

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Steve did I just miss it, or have you updated us on your latest video setup? Also on a personal note a visit to California is eminent.

Steve Williams

Steve did I just miss it, or have you updated us on your latest video setup? Also on a personal note a visit to California is eminent.

My home theater is a thing of the past

Are you going to be in So Cal? Let's connect again. It's been a long time

asindc

Sep 27, 2012
Totally agree Jim

Claire Foy is a remarkable actor and The Crown was our favorite 2 years in a row and we too now look forward to an older Queen playing the role in her senior years

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/cultu...-3-olivia-colman-helena-bonham-carter-photos/

I agree about Claire Foy. I understand why a different actress will be in the role going forward, but I'm going to miss Ms. Foy in that role.

Another thumbs up for Mrs. Maisel and Rachel Brosnahan.

Regarding the Americans, which I think was great, I thought Keri Russell was more deserving of the award than Matthew Rhys. Nothing against him but her acting made the show.

I also agree about Keri Russell. Her character gave her more to work with this past season than any other character, and she delivered. Her portrayal of her character's realization that she and her family were ultimately alone in their struggle was spot on.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing