1923 Taylor Sheridan's next prequel to Yellowstone

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
In case anyone is a bit confused on the relationships from 1883 to 1923 and on to the current Yellowstone, this may help.

Attachment-1.jpg

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I saw that before. Thanks for posting it.

I wonder if after Yellowstone and 1923, Taylor Sheridan will do the Four 6's where Jimmy is
I hope 6666 Is delivered and wish the storylines aren’t as far fetched as the first few seasons of Yellowstone with all the killings etc. I think seasons 4 and 5 (Save for the few scenes where Beth goes nutso) have been very good where they focus on the problems the ranchers are dealing with.

I am also looking forward to season 2 of Mayor of Kingstown which drops mid-January. Sheridan is really on a roll.

Steve Williams

the interesting thing to know about 1923 is that unlike 1883 which was a single season, 1923 will be over 2 seasons each with 8 episodes

So also will Yellowstone this year where there will be a midseason finale followed by the final 8 episodes of the series. The big question for me is that I suspect one or several of the key characters are going to get killed in order to bring closure to the series

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
the interesting thing to know about 1923 is that unlike 1883 which was a single season, 1923 will be over 2 seasons each with 8 episodes

So also will Yellowstone this year where there will be a midseason finale followed by the final 8 episodes of the series. The big question for me is that I suspect one or several of the key characters are going to get killed in order to bring closure to the series
That is an interesting observation. If so, I hope it's Beth.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Oh, I didn't realize that 1883 was only a single season. That's a shame. I enjoyed that just as much as I enjoy Yellowstone.

What a bummer.

Tom

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Oh, I didn't realize that 1883 was only a single season. That's a shame. I enjoyed that just as much as I enjoy Yellowstone.

What a bummer.

Tom
I agree, I like Yellowstone but I enjoyed 1883 much more.

Steve Williams

1883 was an epic series and one of my favorite of all time. So also is Yellowstone IMHO, The cinematography and casting is exceptional

Jim, I knew you want Beth to die and I think that Is a possibility. Certainly Jamey is in big time as he plots his step father's demise and Beth has the deep love for Rip who could also be one to go down. The past several episodes seem to be slowly building to the epic takeover of John Dutton's property. And as far as Beth, I love her character and have said here several times she is John Dutton in a skirt. The fact you hate her tells me she is playing her character well

Reactions: treitz3

Steve Williams

we caught the first episode of 1923 tonight and it's the Duttons at it again for all the usual reasons. Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren play their roles well and I look forward to this series

That family tree is very helpful now that this is the 3rd Yellowstone series

Reactions: PeterA

Steve Williams

Here is a good synopsis of 1923 along with the announcement that 6666 is in production.....

Steve Williams

Beyond its first season, 1923 has already been confirmed for a second and final season while a report from Deadline also revealed that creator Taylor Sheridan is also considering two further spin-offs to chart the Dutton family history throughout the 1940 and 1960s respectively.

Reactions: treitz3

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Thanks for that last tid bit of information, Steve. I will let the wife know that we have a new "date night".

Tom

Steve Williams

Who has been watching 1923. The first three episodes have dropped and the ending of episode three was nothing short of sensational. This series is every bit as good as Yellowstone and 1923. The first two episodes were released free on Paramount but the entire series is streaming on Paramount +
One again Taylor Sheridan remains at the top of his game as he tells this story. I understand that 1923 will be a 2 season series with another spin off coming also as a prequel and finally the Four 6666's will also debut

This is story telling at its very best. Not to be missed

Reactions: PeterA

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Steve, my wife and I have been watching everything. We really liked 1883 and 1923 is just as good, but different. We’ve been to Africa together a few times and really appreciate the Safari scenes and that relationship over there. Yes, this is great storytelling. The cinematography in costumes and overall atmosphere as well as the violent encounters are done extremely well. We also appreciate the history lesson.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing