? What Jazz Music Selection are you Listening to in the Now? | Analog, Digital ??????

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have some as well but Uplift s my favorite. Uplift is the perfect title. Seeing him live Is always a musical highlight for me each year. And very uplifting. Everyone in attendance seems to leave appear than when they arrived.

Interesting...of the whole set, i like the 2 Monty's best as well, plus perhaps Benny Green.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have Uplift 2 and will have to get around to ripping it.

I recall that i prefer 1 over the other...cannot remember which. I'll have to revisit.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I have some as well but Uplift s my favorite. Uplift is the perfect title. Seeing him live Is always a musical highlight for me each year. And very uplifting. Everyone in attendance seems to leave appear than when they arrived.

+1. Great CD

Cascais

Nov 5, 2012
Portugal
At this moment CD2 of Bitches Brew, Miles Davis, Wayne Shorter and a dog, by the sound of it. Wonderful musical tapestry. Never thought I'd like this, but that's what happens with an open mind.

Philtax

Jun 22, 2015
Sonny Rollins - Road Shows Volume 3
Live at the Village Vanguard (The Blue Note Recordings box set)

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Yes, very impressed with the sound quality from these rips. Fusion is fast becoming my favorite Jazz sub-genre.

If you don't have this, make your next purchase! :p:D:):cool: Four of the best, you might recognize the axe player.

RomanticWarrior.jpg

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Philtax

Jun 22, 2015
The complete Blue Note Sonny Rollins CD box set.
Bill Evans - Turn Out the Stars.

Phil

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I have Cassandra Wilson's catalog on shuffle this morning. A great way to start the day.

Tim

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Been listening to quite a few recordings the past couple of days. Chick Corea's Trilogy at 24/96 from HD Tracks has some incredible sonics. The playing is masterful. I could listen to Christian McBride play all night and hopefully will Friday night at The Jazz Standard in NYC, if my wife lets me. The other recording that is new to my SSD is Stacey Kent's Dreamer Live at AIFF 16/44.1 from Qobuz. This one is a latenight keeper and sounds remarkably close to the live performance I saw a couple of weeks ago at Birdland. I took this track to a recent audio group event and those that actually chose to listen, were really taken with it. Many in the group are 70's rock guys so it is not always easy to get them to really listen to this kind of stuff.

prerich

May 21, 2012
Marcus Miller - Renaissance ren.jpg

Kirk Whalum - The Gospel According To Jazz - Chapter 4 download.jpg

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Gorgeous spiritual jazz album from the early 80s

Alvin Queen "Ashanti"

Attachments

• R-2308885-1344622916-3730.jpeg.jpg
    R-2308885-1344622916-3730.jpeg.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 324

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing