YAMAHA C1/B1/UC1.......Any Experiences

MCLSOUND

Mar 26, 2011
Hi Guys
I am the proud owner of these vintage units and are in excellent shape.I currently have the(2 --B1's actually) B1/UC1 being completely overhauled since the fets are in perfect shape.
I have no idea what these units are worth today in this condition but was told plenty?
Anyone have any experience with these units?
thanks John VINTAGE YAMAHA C1..B1..UC1..SONY,PIONEER 003.jpg

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I had an A1 Integrated amp some years ago, it was a very neutral sounding amp that drove my ADS speakers nicely, I recall upgrading to SAE and got a different but nor better quality overtime.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
I once owned a host of similar Yami gear (i forget the models). As I moved up the Yami line, nothing really changed sonically, but I had far more switches to play with. To be honest, this was decades ago, and my system back then was more about loud than good. I switched to Akai, Sansui, Pioneer, and again ... same sound, but more lights & switches. I eventually was "advised" to move upstream, so I went Sony "Esprit" ... my very first lesson in "hi-end" audio futility.

However, I've become a bigger Yami fan today ... my favorite Yami is the 115hp 4stroke outboard.

tb1

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing