Another Boulder amp from hell...

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
""""Evidence speakers needs the best amps to control them""""

I want to add that on the right speaker the octave might sound better , in my opinion its not a matter of Boulder is best but merely of power /matching .

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Review, Boulder 3050 Monoblock Amplifiers from Tone Audio. :b
http://www.tonepublications.com/review/boulder-3050-monoblock-amplifiers/

what a great read...thanks! Having heard the Boulder 2060 and spent real time considering it before going with Gryphon's own Class A SS beast, I can totally believe it. Although limitless audio budgets have in some respect pushed pricing into the stratosphere, it has in a way unbuckled designers from any kind of rationale limits...and allowed them to push boundaries once thought only for the drawing board. Do I think that some pricing models are simple based on 'greater fool theory'?...for sure!! There is some ridiculous stuff at ridiculous prices being marketed today for sure. But I also believe solid designers like Boulder, Gryphon, Rockport, Wilson are really pushing and pushing to see what is achievable without constraints on budget (Gryphon Mephisto, Boulder 3050, Wilson XLF + 2 Thors, Rockport Arrakis 2...all great examples). And at some point, that WILL trickle down (or come back 2nd hand!) which is a good thing. The FPB 400 integrated is a good example...having descended from the once flagship FPB600 series...and the Krell MRA amps (over 600 lbs each monoblock!) which today still stands as one of the world's great amps despite being 10-15 years old?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Andrew,

Fantastic!! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy.

jackson_k

VIP/Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Los Angeles
I've already decided that the 2060 will be my next amp, but if I had an additional $70K burning a hole in my pocket I would be giving this serious consideration :D
I might have a 2060 in excellent condition for sale, if you are still interested please PM me : )

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing