Jun 22, 2012
New England area

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
Cool, hopefully they will chime in. I was under the impression it is a very new product.

It is. I think Steve is referring to the H3000 not the H5000. I have an H3000 and love it. If Allnic was able to get a DHT design quiet enough for use in a phono stage it should be very nice. I would love to hear one.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
So after much thought, I have decided to order the 5000 DHT phono next week. I am looking forward to getting some tube love into my system.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
So after much thought, I have decided to order the 5000 DHT phono next week. I am looking forward to getting some tube love into my system.

Congrats ! I am going to have to get to Alberts home soon to hear this

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue

Congrats. A well executed DHT is magic. Plus you can have fun rolling tubes. :D

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Are there any specs on this phono stage?

How does it compare to the similar priced Ypsilon phono?

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area

Excellent, looking forward to hearing how it compares to your Pass. I am working with another designer for non-DHT, but tube based LCR phono-stage. Will allow me avoid use of step up transformers.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012

Starting to get serious about your stereo, huh Christian? :)

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I'm trying to be done with it...I'm not doing a very good job in that regard...;)

There is no 'done' in this hobby; hopefully, in heaven, they don't have hi-fi gear; or, maybe they do, and it's actually hell. :)
PS: Allnic also makes a DHT line stage that I'd like to hear at some point. Carl has one, I think.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA

Congratulations Christian. Do you plan to do a direct comparison with the Pass XP-25 or do you just plan to use them with your different turntables and arms? I would love to read your thoughts on how the two phono stages compare once you've had the 5000 in your system for a while.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Congratulations Christian. Do you plan to do a direct comparison with the Pass XP-25 or do you just plan to use them with your different turntables and arms? I would love to read your thoughts on how the two phono stages compare once you've had the 5000 in your system for a while.

I am sure I will compare them and share my opinions. It will probably be a few weeks to a month before I get the unit in my possession. I don't hold out much hope for the XP-25 being my favorite. I am confident that a well executed LCR tube design is going to bring some musical magic that SS just can't deliver.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I am sure I will compare them and share my opinions. It will probably be a few weeks to a month before I get the unit in my possession. I don't hold out much hope for the XP-25 being my favorite. I am confident that a well executed LCR tube design is going to bring some musical magic that SS just can't deliver.

Christian: if the DHT is anything like the H3000, it needs some burn in time, so don't judge it out of the box. Do you have one of those KAB reverse RIAA adapters, so you can use a CD player on repeat to put some time on the unit? Again, with the caveat that my experience with the H3000 may not be predictive of the DHT unit, I found it to start coming alive at around 150 hours of play time; it sounded 'good' before that, but it didn't deliver all that is capable of until you've got some hours on it.
I am only using one of the MC inputs, so figure you may need to burn in both MC inputs.
Two other thoughts- rectifier rolling, at least in the H3000, made a significant difference in the sound; also, getting the power supply onto Stillpoints made a sonic difference. I'll be interested in your reaction once you get a little time on the unit. (I had some early microphonic tube issues with my H3000, but that got sorted out very quickly- David Beetles is very effective as an interface with Mr. Park).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing