Playback Designs at C.E.S./ T.H.E. Show 2013 - Las Vegas Room 4040

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
1/2013 - This new year, we will be exhibiting again in Las Vegas at T.H.E. Show (The Flamingo Hotel) in Room 4040, January 8 thru 11 with our Playback Designs’ MPS-3 CD Player, Evolution Acoustics' MMMicroOne loudspeakers, darTZeel's NHB-108 amplifier and NHB-18 NS preamplifier, Wave Kinetics' magnificent NVS Turntable and isolation systems, the Durand Tonearm Telos, Ortofon’s MC-Anna Cartridge, Leeds Studios' beautiful equipment rack, the top of the line Audience line conditioners and some of the best music you will ever hear.

We will be recording vinyl to digital at double DSD rates and playing them back immediately for comparisons. Come by for a listen.

redscouser

Nov 8, 2010
Malaysia
Jonathan,

Saw pictures of your room on a Japaneses site, any further information on the new Integrated Amp / Dac .

Rg
Mark

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
1/2013 - This new year, we will be exhibiting again in Las Vegas at T.H.E. Show (The Flamingo Hotel) in Room 4040, January 8 thru 11 with our Playback Designs’ MPS-3 CD Player, Evolution Acoustics' MMMicroOne loudspeakers, darTZeel's NHB-108 amplifier and NHB-18 NS preamplifier, Wave Kinetics' magnificent NVS Turntable and isolation systems, the Durand Tonearm Telos, Ortofon’s MC-Anna Cartridge, Leeds Studios' beautiful equipment rack, the top of the line Audience line conditioners and some of the best music you will ever hear.

We will be recording vinyl to digital at double DSD rates and playing them back immediately for comparisons. Come by for a listen.
Nice sound. I was again impressed with the EA speakers.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Nice sound in JTinns room, very open and layered. Small speaker-big sound. Got the video.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com

How did the recording go? What did you use and how did you connect?

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
Jonathan,

Saw pictures of your room on a Japaneses site, any further information on the new Integrated Amp / Dac .

Rg
Mark

Hi Mark,

The new Integrated Playback System 3 (IPS-3) will start shipping sometime in the summer. It is really a fun product that I really did not expect would be ready in time to show at CES /T.H.E. Show. Andreas and Bert worked incredibly hard to have it ready and the day before I left for Vegas, I got the call that it was ready. Of course all the PR and pre-announcements could not be done because of the uncertainty of having it there. Sorry for there being no pre-warning.

The IPS-3 has a 3 Series DAC, Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier built into one box. The preamplifier section has 7 inputs:

USB | AES/EBU | S/PDIF | XLR | 2 RCAs | Playlink (Playback Designs' proprietary link)

The amplifier outputs 130 wpc into 8 ohms and doubes into 4 ohms. It drove the hell out of the 87 db efficient Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOnes.

In the upcoming months we will assemble more information which I will be happy to share here.

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
Nice sound in JTinns room, very open and layered. Small speaker-big sound. Got the video.

Peter, nice to see you! You really caught me off guard with the video recorder. How much would it cost to lose the video :)

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I think the price will be $13000.

Maybe there will be a bigger model; IPS-5 in the future?

i think not. the idea is a one box DAC/PRE/AMP attractively packaged with a small footprint with a 10,000 euro target with enough power for real world speakers.

a pair of EA Micro One's, the IPS-3, speaker cables and one power cable, and a music server......for under $20k or 15,000 euros.....a complete high performance system with modest investment and minimal life-style intrusion.

i would expect that package to humble many much more expensive alternatives.

this could be a game-changer.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
i think not. the idea is a one box DAC/PRE/AMP attractively packaged with a small footprint with a 10,000 euro target with enough power for real world speakers.

a pair of EA Micro One's, the IPS-3, speaker cables and one power cable, and a music server......for under $20k or 15,000 euros.....a complete high performance system with modest investment and minimal life-style intrusion.

i would expect that package to humble many much more expensive alternatives.

this could be a game-changer.

$13,000 is about 10,000 euro give or take a few Benjies.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
$13,000 is about 10,000 euro give or take a few Benjies.

Jack,
Unhappily it is not true in audio. After you add shipping and the very high european taxes $13000 becomes typically euro 13000 - 14500 . :-(

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Oh yes. You guys have very high VAT over there, over 20% for most EU countries. US Sales Tax is a lot less and some States have none.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing