Great serivce by Wadia - will accept service on GNSC modified units after all

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Things were not as good as they seemed. Several people on the net including MarineJim on this form (I think) have reported that Wadia decided to accept service and upgrades on GNSC modified units as far as practically possible. I sent an e-mail to Wadia earlier this year and got the same response from Sales Operations Manger David Watson. So I have this officially in writing. Now that I actually need service, Mr. Watson is nowhere to be contacted and Wadia's cusomer support representative Mr. Kalvin Dahl (with an e-mail address at Audio Research) claims that Wadia will not accept service or upgrades to units modified by a third party.

Wadia's customer service seems to be on level with its same old again - that is at an unacceptable level.

I would like to address this to John Schaffer directly. Does anyone have his contact info? If so please forward it to me on PM.

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
No, of course not. I would fully understand that.

However I do not understand nor accept that they first confirm that they will accept service and upgrades and then change their mind. A deal is a deal. A confirmtion is a confirmation. That they tried and could not do it would be an acceptable matter.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
That they tried and could not do it would be an acceptable matter.

perhaps they did and couldn't

Personally, and I hate to state this but as far as I am concerned any mod done to any piece of gear "should" void the warranty but that just my opinion

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Again, we are in total agreement. This is not about receiving service or upgrades covered by the warrenty. This is about paying for service and upgrades. I replied to Wadia and sent in my copy of the confirmation they sent earlier where they confired they would accept service and upgrades. Now I have received another e-mail where Director of Product Sales and Part Sales Barbara Rounds confirm that they change their mind again and are now still willing to accept service.

So, Wadia did the right thing in my mind and when all this has calmed down I am very happy in the end. As you stated they now provide a service beyond what really can be expected.

So maybe the heading should be changed to "Great service by Wadia" if possible?

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I'm curious why you didn't want to send your unit to GNSC for service if they had modified your unit in the first place.

I can understand why Wadia didn't initially want to service the unit, but I'm impressed that despite modifications, they will service it.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
That's a good reason!

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
GNSC has had a great relationship with Wadia over the years. In fact Steve used to work for Wadia. Yes, I was told by David at Wadia that they know and respect Steve. I am very saddened GNSC went out of business. My GNSC S7i is the best CDP I have ever heard. As a usb/DAC, so-so.

egidius

Member Sponsor
Feb 13, 2011
Switzerland
WADIA top!

In total agreement +1!

I have just been very graciously served by Wadia! My S7i remote seemed a dud, with paint flaking off - they replaced it without question. Hats off for service where it is due.

Egidius

Again, we are in total agreement. This is not about receiving service or upgrades covered by the warrenty. This is about paying for service and upgrades. I replied to Wadia and sent in my copy of the confirmation they sent earlier where they confired they would accept service and upgrades. Now I have received another e-mail where Director of Product Sales and Part Sales Barbara Rounds confirm that they change their mind again and are now still willing to accept service.

So, Wadia did the right thing in my mind and when all this has calmed down I am very happy in the end. As you stated they now provide a service beyond what really can be expected.

So maybe the heading should be changed to "Great service by Wadia" if possible?

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
In total agreement +1!

I have just been very graciously served by Wadia! My S7i remote seemed a dud, with paint flaking off - they replaced it without question. Hats off for service where it is due.

Egidius

I had the same problem. But I sold mine.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
I hope that wasn't the reason ;-) ?

LOL, no. I just got impatient with Wadia's slow response to upgrade to a better usb and 24/192.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing