The Harmonizer

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Holger Stein did a demo of his stuff to my analog fellowship more than a year ago in a well treated room full of diffusers & other treatment . He started the demo by demagnetising a CD on his demagnetiser & the effect is magical. He proceeded to experimemt with stein+ pad on the CD tray & ELCB of the distribution panel. You got to hear it to believe. Otherwise it would be mere snake oil to those who use logic to seek understanding of such phenomenon. Subsequently he added four harmonisers with various magic stones . To cut the story short , all four presence purchased the LP demagnetiser, stein pad+ and 2 of us purchased the harmonisers with magic stones etc. Mind you, 1 of my buddy has been into this hobby 20+ years , he has Ongaku, Gryphon Mephisto, Eggleston Ivy signature , Clearaudio statement & he certainly has good ears. He purchased 20-30 stein + pad.
So give it an audition before you proclaimed it to be voodoo magic . Let the ears be the judge not merely your opinions without listening simply because the products seems illogical to have produce such an effect.
Many years ago nobody believe power cord can make a difference after such long & not so good quality wiring from substation & who believe cones work ? Today it's a thriving biz for such products
By the way I do have the Schumann resonator & it works too

Last edited:

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Thanks for your feedback. For those that are inclined to try such products, I noticed that one of the US distributers of the Stein equipment does offer a 30 day MBG. Looks like I got more reading to do, as I never heard of the Schumann before...

Holger Stein did a demo of his stuff to my analog fellowship more than a year ago in a well treated room full of diffusers & other treatment . He started the demo by demagnetising a CD on his demagnetiser & the effect is magical. He proceeded to experimemt with stein+ pad on the CD tray & ELCB of the distribution panel. You got to hear it to believe. Otherwise it would be mere snake oil to those who use logic to seek understanding of such phenomenon. Subsequently he added four harmonisers with various magic stones . To cut the story short , all four presence purchased the LP demagnetiser, stein pad+ and 2 of us purchased the harmonisers with magic stones etc. Mind you, 1 of my buddy has been into this hobby 20+ years , he has Ongaku, Gryphon Mephisto, Eggleston Ivy signature , Clearaudio statement & he certainly has good ears. He purchased 20-30 stein + pad.
So give it an audition before you proclaimed it to be voodoo magic . Let the ears be the judge not merely your opinions without listening simply because the products seems illogical to have produce such an effect.
Many years ago nobody believe power cord can make a difference after such long & not so good quality wiring from substation & who believe cones work ? Today it's a thriving biz for such products

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!

All sighted demonstrations I assume

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Parasitic quasi technology talismans. They are a psychologic phenomenon like placebos. Like placebos, the belief can be strong enough to make them "work." The audio cortex is fluid enough, accommodating enough, and suggestible enough. Combine that with the desire to squash those pesky gremlins and re-create the perfect audio rush every time, voila!

Data mine the consumer's wishful thinking, the desire for epiphany, wonder and vibrant re-creation, gloss some frosting of technology, bake until fully risen. Count money on high margin item.

High margin item creates its own necessities, rituals and markets and invokes economic power.

Industry and critics adopt talisman because money talks AND bullshit walks, at least in audio when it pays bucks. Talismans make exotic decorations to festoon setups and attain artisan, gem like construction, accessory audio abstract art.

They fill a need for fantasy fulfillment, novelty, re-discovery, freshness, fashion subscription etc. etc. and apparently a need for proselytizing and religious conversion. Burn all non-believers at the stake! Shun them and exclude them from the elite cognoscenti if they do not relent and pay! Membership card included.

One can't fight innate psychology, parasitic beliefs are a fact of life. Why not hop on the band wagon? There is no preventative medicine, and no common sense antidote. One man's curse is another man's cure.

I wouldn't stand between a tweak cultist and his tweaks any more than I would stand between an addict and his drug of choice.

Spend my valuable time and gas going to a "demo" because I clearly haven't eliminated the possibility that the tweak is "for real"? After all, I can't criticize what I haven't experienced with my own two ears.

I will remain blissfully unenlightened if becoming enlightened means wasting gas and time to be trapped in a room with a bright eyed sales person, eyebrows bobbing, polling me every few seconds to claim "Hear it? Isn't it wonderful", only the have the euphoric confederacy of spirit turn to spiteful intimidation if I don't humor them.

If I jumped at every assertion fallacy backed by economically based testimonials, I wouldn't have any time left to listen to music.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Parasitic quasi technology talismans. They are a psychologic phenomenon like placebos. Like placebos, the belief can be strong enough to make them "work." The audio cortex is fluid enough, accommodating enough, and suggestible enough. Combine that with the desire to squash those pesky gremlins and re-create the perfect audio rush every time, voila!

Data mine the consumer's wishful thinking, the desire for epiphany, wonder and vibrant re-creation, gloss some frosting of technology, bake until fully risen. Count money on high margin item.

High margin item creates its own necessities, rituals and markets and invokes economic power.

Industry and critics adopt talisman because money talks AND bullshit walks, at least in audio when it pays bucks. Talismans make exotic decorations to festoon setups and attain artisan, gem like construction, accessory audio abstract art.

They fill a need for fantasy fulfillment, novelty, re-discovery, freshness, fashion subscription etc. etc. and apparently a need for proselytizing and religious conversion. Burn all non-believers at the stake! Shun them and exclude them from the elite cognoscenti if they do not relent and pay! Membership card included.

One can't fight innate psychology, parasitic beliefs are a fact of life. Why not hop on the band wagon? There is no preventative medicine, and no common sense antidote. One man's curse is another man's cure.

I wouldn't stand between a tweak cultist and his tweaks any more than I would stand between an addict and his drug of choice.

Spend my valuable time and gas going to a "demo" because I clearly haven't eliminated the possibility that the tweak is "for real"? After all, I can't criticize what I haven't experienced with my own two ears.

I will remain blissfully unenlightened if becoming enlightened means wasting gas and time to be trapped in a room with a bright eyed sales person, eyebrows bobbing, polling me every few seconds to claim "Hear it? Isn't it wonderful", only the have the euphoric confederacy of spirit turn to spiteful intimidation if I don't humor them.

If I jumped at every assertion fallacy backed by economically based testimonials, I wouldn't have any time left to listen to music.

That sums it up

Thanks Carl .. We need this from time to time

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
What exactly would making air more permissive do? If it made sound travel faster than normal would it not also change the cycles per second thus changing the the frequency response of all the frequencies? I don't think that's a good idea.:)

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I cannot help but wonder what affiliation iamtimbabb has with the company.

I can't believe a disinterested third party would take so much effort in promoting and defending the product on a forum if there wasn't a financial concern.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
What exactly would making air more permissive do? If it made sound travel faster than normal would it not also change the cycles per second thus changing the the frequency response of all the frequencies? I don't think that's a good idea.:)

NO. Frequency is always the constant. Wavelengths and velocities change through different media, but the frequency stays the same.

If you hear a piano playing "middle C" on your patio, it is always 261 Hz whether you hear it in air or you are under water in your swimming pool. Only the velocity and wavelengths change.

It's the same thing with light. You see a RED (green, blue or yellow) light because of the frequency of the wave, NOT the wavelength. The wavelength changes with different media (air vs water) but red is red because of the frequency of the radiation.

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
NO. Frequency is always the constant. Wavelengths and velocities change through different media, but the frequency stays the same.

If you hear a piano playing "middle C" on your patio, it is always 261 Hz whether you hear it in air or you are under water in your swimming pool. Only the velocity and wavelengths change.

It's the same thing with light. You see a RED (green, blue or yellow) light because of the frequency of the wave, NOT the wavelength. The wavelength changes with different media (air vs water) but red is red because of the frequency of the radiation.

Thanks Gary.

Listening under water is not my idea of a good time. According to a Google search sound travels faster through water than air. Due to the fact that the molecules in water are closer together. So I guess we need a better explanation as to what they mean by more permissive.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Opinions are free.. Just do a demo & let our ears be the judge rather than our mouth

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Gary, No affiliation whatsoever. And for the record, I am not promoting it, just seeking intelligent discussion of the technology to determine if it's bunk or has some basis of reality. I have purchased both ATS Acoustical Panels and Eighth Nerve products and found they did make a huge difference to the soundstage in my system. I ran across this stuff last week and never had heard of it before, but based on some of the claimed results, it seemed to do some of what I have heard with my acoustical treatments, but to a larger degree. I try to keep an open mind about such things, and just because I don't understand all of it, I don't put in the garbage bin like many others do.

I cannot help but wonder what affiliation iamtimbabb has with the company.

I can't believe a disinterested third party would take so much effort in promoting and defending the product on a forum if there wasn't a financial concern.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

---- Did you just say that! :eek: ...& all by yourself? :cool:

Why are the most intelligent audio gurus of this forum not posting here? ;)

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
It's a really good question. I've never had a physics class, however there seems to be plenty of material about the physics of sound waves on the internet. I know from my experimentation with corner acoustical treatment panels, that those had to do with standing waves. I did a google search on standing waves and I ran across a physics website and started to read the material. All if not most of the material is over my head, but one phrase caught my attention... "It is a well known fact that traveling waves do not interact. However, standing waves do." If that is true, and I have no idea if it is or not, then perhaps this Harmonizer system somehow is reducing the standing waves in the room or corners?

http://www.rhythmodynamics.com/Gabriel_LaFreniere/sa_plane.htm

I found it interesting that the diagram used for placement of the Harmonizer system shows placement in the corners. What's special about corners? That's usually where standing waves are concentrated? My guess, is this system is creating its own waves in the corners so that there is no interaction with the corners themselves?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
-- ...And who knows, perhaps ten years from now (or less, or more) this stuff will revolutionise the world.

Are we smart enough, do we have the right tools, can we comprehend today what was then and what will be eventually?

Last edited:

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Just so I can play my own devils advocate, I don't like the fact that the Stein products are so pricy. It appears they do the same thing as the Schumann resonator, that was pointed out, earlier in the thread, and if that's the case, can be purchased for significantly less than what steinmusic is demanding.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Our World is a Forest of Dreams ...

-- Same exact thing with a lot of stuff.

* The best is sometimes the cheapest thing that we can get.

And to be rich is to find our own identity, in relation to our surroundings, to know the origin of our source, and never forget, in our natural Earth's elements. ..And the ocean, the mountains, the sea, the mothers ....

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
It's hard to accept that something the size of a door stop can act as a bass trap or any other kind of sound wave trap or affector of sound waves that will clean up the sound in a room.

There will never be measurements or a blind test because it is a ersatz product so far out of the realm of physics that the manufacturer could not afford to have it shown to be a fake.

As far as good reviews are concerned, everyone knows that a good review will entice a manufacturer to advertize in a magazine. Yes, the magazine rags have no integrity either. It's all about the money.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing