The Harmonizer

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
-- Please Tim, forgive us all for having taken an 'alternate' route to the Harmonizer highway.

It for sure made us 'interested' in talkin' on the 'dark side' of our hobby. :b
...The 'quasi unobtainable'.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
No worries Bob, It's all music and audio, and my passion as well.

-- Please Tim, forgive us all for having taken an 'alternate' route to the Harmonizer highway.

It for sure made us 'interested' in talkin' on the 'dark side' of our hobby. :b
...The 'quasi unobtainable'.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
As a follow up to my original posting on this topic, I did get a chance to hear the Harmonizer system today at Axpona in Chicago. I found it quiet accidentally. I was listening to a pair of Harbeth Monitors and I was quite taken by the expansive sound in the listening room. Really relaxed, free of grain, and the sound was so much more expansive than such a small monitor speaker should be capable of. I noticed the room was equipped with the Harmonizers system. I'm going back again tomorrow and Sunday to have some A/B and blind testing done. Apparently the Harbeth dealer had his distributor install the system and didn't really know much about it himself, and the distributer was not around when I was there. I'll let everyone know my impressions soon.

- Tim

Reactions: tpsully99

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
As a follow up to my original posting on this topic, I did get a chance to hear the Harmonizer system today at Axpona in Chicago. I found it quiet accidentally. I was listening to a pair of Harbeth Monitors and I was quite taken by the expansive sound in the listening room. Really relaxed, free of grain, and the sound was so much more expansive than such a small monitor speaker should be capable of. I noticed the room was equipped with the Harmonizers system. I'm going back again tomorrow and Sunday to have some A/B and blind testing done. Apparently the Harbeth dealer had his distributor install the system and didn't really know much about it himself, and the distributer was not around when I was there. I'll let everyone know my impressions soon.

- Tim

Look forward to your feedback...anyway they will allow you to turn it off and then listen again without the harmonizer system on?

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Well, I was able to have a demonstration of the Harmonizer system today. The distributer of the product had it setup in a local dealers room at Axpona. The room was already setup with ATS acoustical panels, which by the way were everywhere at Axpona thanks to ATS Acoustics. In any case, the system was setup with Rogue Audio Sphinx integrated amplifier, driving Harbeth monitors. The room was packed with people, so the demonstration was conducted with about 8-10 people listening. The distributers explained what were were doing to the crowd, popped in my CD, and played my requested track. Then after the track, he stopped the CD player, then removed the entire Harmonizer system from the room, then played the same track again. Everyone could heard the difference when the Harmonizer was pulled out. After the track was finished, he put the Harmonizer system back, and played the track again. I heard at least a few people say "wow" with the differences. After the track, the group talked for a bit about what they heard, and all agreed they heard a big difference.

What I heard is a greater sense of depth of soundstage, and relaxed presentation. The effect was not subtle. It was much more 3D, holographic, almost like the walls of the room had been removed. Could I live without the Harmonizer?Probably. Did I prefer the system with the Harmonizer? Yes, I think I did. I think it's like listening to a system with, and without acoustical treatments. I did not think there were any negative effects? I would need more time with it in my own system to make that determination. The distributer says the system has a 30-day return and refund policy.

I have this on my list for a possible future purchase.

- Tim

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Iamtimbabb,

Thanks for that...very interesting! On the one hand, all of us have to be skeptical of any 'upgrade'...speakers, digital, cables, etc. Sometimes they are, sometimes they are not.

For me, i have a Nordost QX4...i first heard it years ago. i dont know why it works and not particularly interested. It just does. From the reviews that were posted by Jazzhead, it looks like a similar approach/technology.

I think about Air ionizers. Also known as negative ion generator, apparently uses high voltage to electrically charge air molecules. Most commercial air purifiers are designed to generate negative ions. Another type of air ioniser is the ESD ioniser (balanced ion generator) used to neutralise static charge.

In the same way sound travels differently through water than through air due to water's density, is there any possibility that whatever AE is doing, it has some affect on sound moving through the space in a room?

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
You might be onto something. I was grilling the distributer on how exactly the Harmoniser worked. He either didnt understand how, or was not saying. He was sure it was not schumann resonance, as with the Acoustic Revive R-77 & R-777 device. It could be they are trying very hard not to say air ioizer? I could not help myself during yesterdays demonstration when someone asked just how does it work? The distributer started to explain without really saying what it does, so I, using my dry sense of humor asked, so jusy exactly what type of radiation does it radiate? And how much is a lethal dose?? The crowd roared with laughter....

Iamtimbabb,

Thanks for that...very interesting! On the one hand, all of us have to be skeptical of any 'upgrade'...speakers, digital, cables, etc. Sometimes they are, sometimes they are not.

For me, i have a Nordost QX4...i first heard it years ago. i dont know why it works and not particularly interested. It just does. From the reviews that were posted by Jazzhead, it looks like a similar approach/technology.

I think about Air ionizers. Also known as negative ion generator, apparently uses high voltage to electrically charge air molecules. Most commercial air purifiers are designed to generate negative ions. Another type of air ioniser is the ESD ioniser (balanced ion generator) used to neutralise static charge.

In the same way sound travels differently through water than through air due to water's density, is there any possibility that whatever AE is doing, it has some affect on sound moving through the space in a room?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
You might be onto something. I was grilling the distributer on how exactly the Harmoniser worked. He either didnt understand how, or was not saying. He was sure it was not schumann resonance, as with the Acoustic Revive R-77 & R-777 device. It could be they are trying very hard not to say air ioizer? I could not help myself during yesterdays demonstration when someone asked just how does it work? The distributer started to explain without really saying what it does, so I, using my dry sense of humor asked, so jusy exactly what type of radiation does it radiate? And how much is a lethal dose?? The crowd roared with laughter....

Would be interesting to find out...air freshener or harmoniser? Why not both?

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
It may be repurposed technology, but I do not believe its snake oil. Snake oil would imply, the technology does not work, but it seems to me that it does. What i do believe is the marketing is kept vauge and filled with techno-babble in order to disguise what the underlying technology is.

snake oil alert

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Hello,

This is an old thread but very interesting.
I have a Juniwave II and it's working well.
It's like this Acoustic Revive but the price is divided by two or three....

I am happy with.

Regards

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Well, I was able to have a demonstration of the Harmonizer system today. The distributer of the product had it setup in a local dealers room at Axpona. The room was already setup with ATS acoustical panels, which by the way were everywhere at Axpona thanks to ATS Acoustics. In any case, the system was setup with Rogue Audio Sphinx integrated amplifier, driving Harbeth monitors. The room was packed with people, so the demonstration was conducted with about 8-10 people listening. The distributers explained what were were doing to the crowd, popped in my CD, and played my requested track. Then after the track, he stopped the CD player, then removed the entire Harmonizer system from the room, then played the same track again. Everyone could heard the difference when the Harmonizer was pulled out. After the track was finished, he put the Harmonizer system back, and played the track again. I heard at least a few people say "wow" with the differences. After the track, the group talked for a bit about what they heard, and all agreed they heard a big difference.

What I heard is a greater sense of depth of soundstage, and relaxed presentation. The effect was not subtle. It was much more 3D, holographic, almost like the walls of the room had been removed. Could I live without the Harmonizer?Probably. Did I prefer the system with the Harmonizer? Yes, I think I did. I think it's like listening to a system with, and without acoustical treatments. I did not think there were any negative effects? I would need more time with it in my own system to make that determination. The distributer says the system has a 30-day return and refund policy.

I have this on my list for a possible future purchase.

- Tim
I completely agree with you.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
I have the Harmonizers for years now and still happy. Some times ago I took them off my room for a few days and took them beck again. Just to be sure
«again »
They stay in my system.

Reactions: tpsully99

Chops

Apr 27, 2016
Central Florida

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
It appears that you are laughing alone given the lack of other posts supporting your uninformed views. I suspect that most posters at WBF are intelligent enough to recognize that posting judgements about things they've never heard might call their credibility into question, all the more so since you are repeat posting about ASI Sugar Cubes in a thread about the Stein Music Harmonizer. Many WBF posters also no doubt have the emotional intelligence to recognize that when a fellow poster describes the process and outcome of extensive experimentation with something a response of "snake oil" and the like is effectively telling that person that he/she is either lying or delusional. I respect the views of a lot of posters on WBF. You are not one of them, LOL.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing