For Sale: Mark Levinson NO. 53 Reference Monoblocks

AMP

Feb 27, 2011
Although I've only had them in the system for 8 weeks or so I've fallen prey to an evil audio manufacturer who sent me an eval unit of one of their top amps a couple of weeks ago. Their plan appears to have been successful as their product brought a level of perfection to my system which I didn't think was possible. As much as I love the 53s, I've found an even better synergy for my system, room, and tastes.

I've posted extensively here on my experience with the 53s and I completely stand by what I've said about them. The breathed a ton of life into my system and re-kindled my love of this hobby. If I could afford it I would keep them AND buy the new amp too!

These were my dealer's demos and as such have some minor cosmetic flaws. None are noticeable unless you are right on top of the amps looking for them. Once I can get some decent light I'll post some photos.

Retail is $50,000 for the pair and I'm asking $27,000 (which is well below dealer cost). This is a great opportunity to own a remarkable amplifier.

These are heavy (140lbs ea) and ship in two wooden crates. Shipping will likely be expensive, but I'll work with the buyer to make the process as painless as possible.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with questions via private message.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing