LED ZEPPELIN: Celebration Day (November 19, 2012)

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Apropos LZ, i just finished reading the inteview book with Jimmy Page called Light and Shade and it is worth reading. Yes, some of the ground has been covered before (how quickly and cheaply the first album was put together), but the focus of the book is less on the band and its exploits and much more on Page's vision as a producer. It also covers his early session work, his relationship with Jeff Beck and Clapton in the Yardbirds era, and the post -LZ era.
He is really capitalizing on his legacy at this point, not that I blame him.
I do hope the boxed sets of the upcoming albums are done right, sonically.
And ironically, my favorite footage from that 2003 DVD is the really early footage in Scandanavia, right before the first album was released, yet they are already in top form. Very spare staging, no light show, still a very new group but all the attributes are there. I find that 20 minutes or so very refreshing to watch and listen to. (And I'm a huge fan of the first album because it is so rooted in the electric blues that was their starting point).

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Apropos LZ, i just finished reading the inteview book with Jimmy Page called Light and Shade and it is worth reading. Yes, some of the ground has been covered before (how quickly and cheaply the first album was put together), but the focus of the book is less on the band and its exploits and much more on Page's vision as a producer. It also covers his early session work, his relationship with Jeff Beck and Clapton in the Yardbirds era, and the post -LZ era.
He is really capitalizing on his legacy at this point, not that I blame him.
I do hope the boxed sets of the upcoming albums are done right, sonically.
And ironically, my favorite footage from that 2003 DVD is the really early footage in Scandanavia, right before the first album was released, yet they are already in top form. Very spare staging, no light show, still a very new group but all the attributes are there. I find that 20 minutes or so very refreshing to watch and listen to. (And I'm a huge fan of the first album because it is so rooted in the electric blues that was their starting point).

Check out It Might Get Loud..great flick with him, The Edge, and Jack White. Some priceless moments.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Check out It Might Get Loud..great flick with him, The Edge, and Jack White. Some priceless moments.
Yep, Jimmy Page and Jack White were pretty good. The footage of Page playing air guitar to Link Wray was priceless. The less said about 'The Edge' the better. :)

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I will say the performance was excellent....they still have the magic!

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Yep, Jimmy Page and Jack White were pretty good. The footage of Page playing air guitar to Link Wray was priceless. The less said about 'The Edge' the better. :)

Yes, that was my favorite scene!!!!! The expression on his face was worth the price of admission.

Now, now...The Edge is my man....go easy...:)

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing