Hong Kong Genesis Dragon Launch

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Gary,

Good luck! Will just miss you! We were going to go to HK and Japan...but now only Japan and the trip is a bit short, and we will have returned by then. Please post photos (and perhaps a recording snip!) of the speakers when they're set up!!!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Gary - I visited the website but no info on the Dragon, is this a new speaker from your company?

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Fernando - the Dragon is the upgraded, carbon fiber 10th anniversary version of the G1.2. I've been too busy travelling to keep the website upgraded.

Lloyde - pity. I thought that you were going to be in Hong Kong.

I'll have pictures of the set-up and the event when I get back (or more likely if there is wifi at the hotel and I'm severely jet-lagged will have pictures from Hong Kong).

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Any plans of a Manila side trip to relive the good ol' days? :D

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Any plans of a Manila side trip to relive the good ol' days? :D

Would have loved to - especially since now I know that JR's got an old pair of Gen-II in mint condition in the showroom.... but this trip is too short. Otherwise, Manila is just a hop, skip and jump away :D

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Fernando - the Dragon is the upgraded, carbon fiber 10th anniversary version of the G1.2. I've been too busy travelling to keep the website upgraded.

I'll have pictures of the set-up and the event when I get back (or more likely if there is wifi at the hotel and I'm severely jet-lagged will have pictures from Hong Kong).

Hi Gary, yes we thought so too...i was definitely scheduled to see Audio Exotics to hear the latest Stahl-Tek Vekian Opus and make a decision on keeping my old, second-hand Zanden v Stahl-Tek Opus.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
It would have been absolutely amazing to hear Stahl-Tek Opus....meet with Yamada San in Japan at Zanden...and then meet you and hear the mighty Dragon. The trifecta of audio for me!!! ;)

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City

Got it! thanks! see you at Denver (I hope..)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
A couple of preliminary pictures - I came in on Fri night, and they had already set-up and had the system running in. I spent Sat fine-tuning the set up, and we let it run in over the weekend.

View attachment 5128

Congrats!!! It looks stunning! So high-polished we can actually see the photographer in the reflection of your legendary speakers!! I see Nagra, CH Precisions digital, Goldmund monos...what is the rest of the system? Good luck!!!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
A couple of preliminary pictures - I came in on Fri night, and they had already set-up and had the system running in. I spent Sat fine-tuning the set up, and we let it run in over the weekend.

Gary, Can you tell us a little bit about what I think is the Air Force One tt? Seen lot's of pics from the Far East but never seen, nor heard it close up and personal!

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Congrats!!! It looks stunning! So high-polished we can actually see the photographer in the reflection of your legendary speakers!! I see Nagra, CH Precisions digital, Goldmund monos...what is the rest of the system? Good luck!!!

They are stunning - as is the showroom that they are in. I'll try to take some more pictures tomorrow.

The primary electronics are from Viola Audio Labs - the Bravo 2-chassis amplifier and Solo dual-mono preamplifier. Today we tried the Class-A 100W Legacy monoblocks, but preferred and went back to the Bravo. The Nagra PL-P is used as the phono stage, and the t/t is the Air Force 1 with SME 312 12-inch arm. Not sure what cartridge.

We were so busy today I didn't even have a chance to fire-up and listen to the phono stage. Tomorrow, we start early, hopefully before customers start coming in, and I'll have a chance at the vinyl.

The CH Precision transport/DAC is astonishingly good. I didn't bring a music server, and only have my work notebook computer. So, tomorrow I'll try out the CH Precision DAC with Foobar/JPlay (not as good as a dedicated music server, but JPlay makes quite a difference with my work notebook).

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks, Gary. Again, good luck. FWIW, i have spoken with a few people who've heard the CH Precision and they did say good things about it...started by the folks who originally were with Anagram (who were also involved with Orpheus Labs). There is a SOTA system here from Taiwan, and i am told he has gone from Emm to CH Precision.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Sweeet Gary,

The carbon looks very good, I hope you are doing videos' too, pop one up on the Tube , if you get a chance ........ :)

and with a recording snip if you can!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing