Plants as difusion? If so any suggestions?

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
Very nice Ed, Looks great!

Glad the room move is working out.

(BTW the cannabis plants will give you that 3d holographic effect while pulling you more into the music! )

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA
Hey Gary! That's the only thing missing! 3-D holographic imaging...... will have to look into the cannabis plant you speak of..... back to Home Despot I guess!

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Eddie

I wouldn't want to rain on your ... plants but Watering them should be done very, very carefully.. Electronics are not too fond of water and humidity in general .. Also misting should be done far from the electronics... I love plants by the way ...
I suggest extreme care in the ... well ... care of these plants

By the way STUPENDOUS System, one of the few instances I have seen of so similar systems, looks like Mike Lavigne's without the top woofers on the MM speakers and maybe a different arm .. Could not see the cables and other accessories but same TT or same brand of TT ...

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA
Eddie

I wouldn't want to rain on your ... plants but Watering them should be done very, very carefully.. Electronics are not too fond of water and humidity in general .. Also misting should be done far from the electronics... I love plants by the way ...
I suggest extreme care in the ... well ... care of these plants

Hi Frantz! I know.... I thought of the need to be extra careful in my "misting" rituals. I may need to drape my equipment during this process. Shouldn't be too difficult.​

Eddie By the way STUPENDOUS System, one of the few instances I have seen of so similar systems, looks like Mike Lavigne's without the top woofers on the MM speakers and maybe a different arm .. Could not see the cables and other accessories but same TT or same brand of TT ...

Thanks! It's a smaller version of Mike's old speakers. They are still quite large, about 5' tall or so. The arm on the TT is the Durand Talea II partnered with the Ortofon A90. Interconnects and speaker cables are all Evolution Acoustics. I've got all of the gear to make nice tunes. Trying to get the room to cooperate now!​

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA
I asked Rives a long time ago about them and they said really not very effective treatment.

I'd probably have to agree with this statement. I'm sure that purposely built treatments will be more effective. Since I have a pseudo dedicated room I am shooting for a balance of decor and panel use. Gonna try this out for a while until I can figure out a better solution.

I do have to say that the plants must be playing tricks on my ears. The sound seem more coherent post tree placement.

Either way.... still happy!

NMMark1962

Jun 29, 2013
Santa Fe, NM
Plants will only work if they are placed, at a minimum, on StillPoint SSV with bases.....or, SRA Ohio Class amp stands. And, the plants must be left out in the 3rd full moon each year so that the fairies can work their magic.....then and only then can the plants be brought in....when they are in, they must be watered daily with only pure mountain spring water from Tibet or, bass will go nuts, and, all sense of sound staging will vanish....and all of you lovely classical music will sound like bad hip hop...:D

All silliness aside, I love the look of plants in a listening room as long as they are not the types that need lots of light (like if ones room is in a basement) so be sure to see how low light tolerant they are. And, I assume that artificial plants might cause unwanted reflections of plastic leaves.....I cannot remember the audio company who uses extensive plants in their audio rooms at shows, but dang, the room looks sweet...

Cheers,

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing