DCS Vivaldi

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
4 boxes can easily be explained (different from being justified) dual mono with outbioard power supply. Al a the Lamm preamp. As for price,ii's like sex. Everbody does pretty much the same thing . Some just do it so much better.

Last edited:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
4 boxws can easily be explained (difierent form being justified) dual mono with outbioard power supply. Ala the Lamm preamp. As for price,Ii's like sex. Everbody does pretty much the same thing . Some just do it so much better.

Now that's something I would expect from Mark! :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
For that kind of money they should wire asynchronous USB directly to my brain.

Tim

yeah...but think of the galvanic isolation required for your head, Tim...what a pain that would be! ;)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Nope - Goldmund Eidos Reference Blue Limited Edition and Weiss Maya are more expensive if that should mean anything.

Just saw the Goldmund price sheet. The Eidos lists in the US for $175,000. Not sure the exact price of the Weiss but it's around $200,000.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Prices for individual components?

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Fifth box; display.

Tim

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

opus111

Banned
Feb 10, 2012
Hangzhou, China
Any idea what the big array of chips and R's do? Is it a discrete DAC implementation?

As far as I know yes. The smaller chips I think are latches and I guess they feed the MELF resistors. It could be something like Malcolm Hawksford envisaged in one of his letters to the AES journal - a transversal array of single-bit DACs.

What's fascinating from reading some of the blurb is that on the previous generation they used quad latches and on this one they went over to single bit ones. So they must have discovered ground bounce in the meantime :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing