Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116117118119120121122123124125126
Results 1,251 to 1,259 of 1259

Thread: DCS Vivaldi

  1. #1251
    Quote Originally Posted by shapo View Post
    So if you have the Network Bridge already and you get the Upsampler after, would you still keep and use the Network bridge at the same time, or sell the Network Bridge?
    Keep the Network Bridge. Currently, it's the only dCS component that will core decode MQA (assuming MQA/Tidal is something you want to listen to). If you have a full Vivaldi stack, you should no longer have a spare AES port, so then take the Network Bridge's SPDIF out to a spare SPDIF port on the Upsampler - decoded MQA that can be upsampled to DXD or DSD and filtered to your taste

  2. #1252
    Senior Member JimmyS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewChen View Post
    Keep the Network Bridge. Currently, it's the only dCS component that will core decode MQA (assuming MQA/Tidal is something you want to listen to). If you have a full Vivaldi stack, you should no longer have a spare AES port, so then take the Network Bridge's SPDIF out to a spare SPDIF port on the Upsampler - decoded MQA that can be upsampled to DXD or DSD and filtered to your taste
    Rossini also decodes MQA, and the Vivaldi beta Firmware at Axpona was playing MQA. No official release date for the Vivaldi firmware, but since my upgrade to the Vivaldi I’ve not been worried about having MQA capability. Been playing with qobuz and the native hirez playback sounds great.

  3. #1253
    VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,623
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS View Post
    (...) Been playing with qobuz and the native hirez playback sounds great.
    Can I ask how do you play Qobuz using the Vivaldi upsampler? I am a Roon user and as far as I know Roon does not support Qobuz.
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, Soundlab A1 Px's while waiting for the XLF successor, EMT927, SME3012R, ARC Phono 3, Lamm ML1.2 Ref, Lamm L2ref, Stealth Dream speaker , Crystal Dreamline ICs, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

  4. #1254
    Senior Member JimmyS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Can I ask how do you play Qobuz using the Vivaldi upsampler? I am a Roon user and as far as I know Roon does not support Qobuz.
    I am a Roon/Tidal user as well, and also have a NAS serving my CD/SACD collection and Hi-Rez downloads.

    From the NAS, I run Bubble uPnP server. Using Bubble UPnP, I configure the Upsampler to be an OpenHome renderer.

    Once this is enabled, I use the Lumin app which will recognize OpenHome devices. Their app supports Tidal and Qobuz. I also run Minimserver on my NAS as a "plan b" to Roon, so using the Lumin App I am able to access my local library as well.

    If you have any question, feel free to send me a PM. Happy to help getting this setup.

    Cheers,
    Jimmy

  5. #1255
    Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! still-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Milford, Michigan
    Posts
    1,333
    I have been working with my dealer to move from my current dCS Rossini and clock to the Vivaldi DAC, clock and Upsampler. I decided to pull the trigger now that the MQA update for Vivaldi trio is almost ready. In addition I have found that I have no need for a disc spinner so I can avoid the significant extra cost associated with the Vivaldi transport. After I purchased the Rossini player/DAC I never once inserted disc into the tray.

    Another point for consideration I was also reluctant to add another box to my set-up as there is really space in my "cabinet". To make space I had been contemplating dumping my vinyl rig altogether. Trading in the SME would have lessened the impact on my wallet but once I saw the current entry point for a turntable close to the quality of mine it made no sense to trade it in. I will jury rig a platform raising the turntable jus enough to get my phone stage underneath it freeing up a spot for the additional dCS unit in the cabinet.

    It will be at least a week before the swap is complete. I will keep you updated.
    Jim
    Speakers:Alexandria X2- Series 2, AMP''s-D'Agostino Momentum M-400's, Pre-Amp:D'Agostino Momentum Phono Stage Esoteric E-03 Sources :dCS Vivaldi, Clock & Upsampler, SME 20/3, Cabling/Interconnects:Transparent Opus SC and Interconnects, Power Delivery Shunyata Denali

  6. #1256
    VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] jfrech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    I have been working with my dealer to move from my current dCS Rossini and clock to the Vivaldi DAC, clock and Upsampler. I decided to pull the trigger now that the MQA update for Vivaldi trio is almost ready. In addition I have found that I have no need for a disc spinner so I can avoid the significant extra cost associated with the Vivaldi transport. After I purchased the Rossini player/DAC I never once inserted disc into the tray.

    Another point for consideration I was also reluctant to add another box to my set-up as there is really space in my "cabinet". To make space I had been contemplating dumping my vinyl rig altogether. Trading in the SME would have lessened the impact on my wallet but once I saw the current entry point for a turntable close to the quality of mine it made no sense to trade it in. I will jury rig a platform raising the turntable jus enough to get my phone stage underneath it freeing up a spot for the additional dCS unit in the cabinet.

    It will be at least a week before the swap is complete. I will keep you updated.
    Glad you kept the SME 20/3, really quality table, I had a 20/2 years ago...Just the way SME builds things is special. Big congrats on the Vivaldi ! I go back and forth with my Vivaldi transport vs NAS drive/Upsampler. It's kind of like going back and forth from good vinyl set ups to good digital. It's all good...just different...and the different isn't all that big. Just enjoy great music ;-) Looking forward to your comments when it all shows up !
    Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
    Pre & Amp: Nagra HD Pre & Amp
    Cables: Transparent Magnum Opus on sources, Opus Gen 5 Pre to amps & speaker
    Power Transparent Opus, Opus Source Power Cords & Opus Power Isolators
    Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco 2.0 TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
    Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x4)

  7. #1257
    Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! still-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Milford, Michigan
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
    Glad you kept the SME 20/3, really quality table, I had a 20/2 years ago...Just the way SME builds things is special. Big congrats on the Vivaldi ! I go back and forth with my Vivaldi transport vs NAS drive/Upsampler. It's kind of like going back and forth from good vinyl set ups to good digital. It's all good...just different...and the different isn't all that big. Just enjoy great music ;-) Looking forward to your comments when it all shows up !
    I am not sure what to expect with the move from the Rossini. I have been playing with the filters and a bit with Roon's DSP settings lately and I have found a excellent combination. It will be fun to see how things go with the Vivaldi.

    My analog rig gets virtually no use but it is nice to have it if needed.

    That is an amazing system you have put together. I was very impressed with the Nagra HD products when I auditioned them at one local dealer about a month ago.
    Jim
    Speakers:Alexandria X2- Series 2, AMP''s-D'Agostino Momentum M-400's, Pre-Amp:D'Agostino Momentum Phono Stage Esoteric E-03 Sources :dCS Vivaldi, Clock & Upsampler, SME 20/3, Cabling/Interconnects:Transparent Opus SC and Interconnects, Power Delivery Shunyata Denali

  8. #1258
    VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] jfrech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    I am not sure what to expect with the move from the Rossini. I have been playing with the filters and a bit with Roon's DSP settings lately and I have found a excellent combination. It will be fun to see how things go with the Vivaldi.

    My analog rig gets virtually no use but it is nice to have it if needed.

    That is an amazing system you have put together. I was very impressed with the Nagra HD products when I auditioned them at one local dealer about a month ago.
    What roon DSP settings are you using? The filters can drive you nuts ;-) but careful listening does reveal differences.
    Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
    Pre & Amp: Nagra HD Pre & Amp
    Cables: Transparent Magnum Opus on sources, Opus Gen 5 Pre to amps & speaker
    Power Transparent Opus, Opus Source Power Cords & Opus Power Isolators
    Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco 2.0 TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
    Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x4)

  9. #1259
    Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! still-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Milford, Michigan
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
    What roon DSP settings are you using? The filters can drive you nuts ;-) but careful listening does reveal differences.
    This past week I have been outputting DSD from the Rossini and using Roon DSP for a slight bump in the 65hz range.
    Jim
    Speakers:Alexandria X2- Series 2, AMP''s-D'Agostino Momentum M-400's, Pre-Amp:D'Agostino Momentum Phono Stage Esoteric E-03 Sources :dCS Vivaldi, Clock & Upsampler, SME 20/3, Cabling/Interconnects:Transparent Opus SC and Interconnects, Power Delivery Shunyata Denali

Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116117118119120121122123124125126

Similar Threads

  1. Are the "cheaper" dCS models the best digital
    By caesar in forum Digital Audio Forum: DAC, Transports, Digital Processing
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-20-2018, 12:44 PM
  2. Vivaldi's 'L'Oracolo in Messenia'
    By ack in forum General Music Discussion Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 03:07 AM
  3. dCS Factory Tour
    By Jeff Fritz in forum General Audio Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 05:24 PM
  4. DSD on USB: also dCS
    By docvale in forum General Audio Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2011, 08:29 AM
  5. Berkeley vs. DCS Debussy vs. etc.
    By rblnr in forum Digital Audio Forum: DAC, Transports, Digital Processing
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 08:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •