An Italian turntable that looks italian

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I love simple, elegant design. Nice find Davey!

Lyubo

May 2, 2012
I think this turntable is not Italian - it is Lithuanian. It is coming from the same small company that makes very good tonearms - Reed :cool:

Last edited:

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
I do believe that is the same company that makes Reed tonearms. That is a very good price for all the engineering and materials cost. Selling direct does help allot though.

I'm really enjoying my Reed 3Q tonearm so based on that i would think that their is TT is quite a bargain. The tonearm in the ad is a new design that is not on the Reed website. Shipping from Lithuania is probably pretty steep for 250 lbs. but the price is so low it makes up for it. If I was in the TT market that would be a very interesting option.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I think this turntable is not Italian - it is Lithuanian. It is coming from the same small company that make very good tonearms - Reed :cool:

So we have an Lithuanian turntable that looks Italian? :confused::confused::confused:;):):D:p:eek:

All those emoticons were just for you Davey.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Regardless whether this TT is Italian or made in Lithuania,IMO, it's an interesting design and what's more it's priced at what would seem to be a more than fair amount. Plus, since it is NOT made in China, it would seem to show what can be accomplished when a skilled individual decides to manufacture a TT and clearly isn't just profit motivated. Compare what we see here to an Avid Acutus or any number of competitor's and I think you will see what I am saying about the pricing.
Now, I haven't heard this TT, but even IF it sounds half as good as it looks..

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Regardless whether this TT is Italian or made in Lithuania,IMO, it's an interesting design and what's more it's priced at what would seem to be a more than fair amount. Plus, since it is NOT made in China, it would seem to show what can be accomplished when a skilled individual decides to manufacture a TT and clearly isn't just profit motivated. Compare what we see here to an Avid Acutus or any number of competitor's and I think you will see what I am saying about the pricing.
Now, I haven't heard this TT, but even IF it sounds half as good as it looks..
Kuzma comes out of Slovenia, which while not exactly neighbors to Lithuania, is sorta, kinda, in that neck of the woods. Lot's of skills in countries that aren't at the center of the universe, perhaps because they haven't been overcome with the immediate effects of globalization and the standarization of stuff. (Think about hardware stores in the States- most stuff is pre-packaged. Not many left that have tons of parts and odds and ends in bins). Not a political rant, but my experience in Italy was similar too- even though it is very much a part of the mainstream European scene- still lot's of craftspeople, skilled engineers, innovative thinkers. In fact, I'll bet they are everywhere :)

PS. For what it's worth, i needed a radiator made for a pre-war car. There was basically nobody left in the States who could do this from scratch. They all used standard, pre-fab cores, which wouldn't work because the radiator body was curved. I had to send it to the UK to be manufactured.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing