Requesting Suggestions From Members Re New Dedicated Fora

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
No need to pollute the internet any more than it already is, or needs to be.

Sure, it starts with raising the quote to 500, then 1000, thereafter 1500, and on and on it goes. :rolleyes:

Personally I think people should exercise a modicum of discretion over which PMs are important and therefore, keepers.

I completely agree.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Nathon Myrvold, the ex-CTO of microsoft had a great saying: "software is like gas. It fills whatever space you give it!" Same is true of PM and email limits. If you make it bigger, then that becomes the next barrier as mentioned.

BTW, wasn't this also said of freeway traffic in LA? That they kept building it and all it did was fill it and never reduced congestion? People just moved further way?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Nathon Myrvold, the ex-CTO of microsoft had a great saying: "software is like gas. It fills whatever space you give it!" Same is true of PM and email limits. If you make it bigger, then that becomes the next barrier as mentioned.

BTW, wasn't this also said of freeway traffic in LA? That they kept building it and all it did was fill it and never reduced congestion? People just moved further way?

First, happy to see you Amir. We don't see you much in the last month or more.

I agree with you regarding "space", but one thing your friend forgot is "time".
And in my book Time goes hand-on-hand with Space; it is as much precious.

The time it takes to clean your space is a jittery moment in space.

P.S. Sorry for the 'poetic wax'.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing